2nd Service - Poor Result

Also can you tell me where the pollen filter is and how can anyone check it
Thank you
Hi Les - He is a video of a cabin filter replacement on a ZS.
Could not find one on a MG5 sorry.
Very similar though.

Last edited:
My service did not go well.

Please see attached photos. This is the pollen filter after it has been changed. And the brake fluid was due to be changed too so, prior to the service, I had placed simple electrical tape that joined the cap to the reservoir. It was still in position after the service was complete.

So basically I paid for a service and didn't actually get one. On me pointing out the issues they reviewed the cameras in the service garage. They agreed that the work has not been done.

I have negotiated to get the car in to be serviced properly as per the schedule, and have negotiated a free service as compensation.

I have understandably lost some faith in Fraser's of Falkirk.
Holy shit unbelievable making marks or taping stuff is exactly what I would do to mate well done for not getting conned

I wonder if Frasers are members of this forum?
If they are and reading this 🖕🏻 YOU

Sadly I have very little faith in main dealer servicing. For example. I had a full? service on my Citroen a few years back (to comply with the warrantee) that I have since concluded did little more than washing the car. Being an "old school" DIY mechanic I always check under the bonnet before I drive away from a service center, this has in the past, found tools left behind, hose clips not fitted and under trays loose. After the aforementioned service I did my usual checks and was suspicious to see undisturbed dust and dirt on the oil filter cover and brake master cylinder. Being in a hurry I convinced myself I was being paranoid and took the car home. In those days I was doing high mileage and the interim oil change occurred about 6 months later. This I performed myself and hey presto the oil filter was the one I fitted pre the "full service" (I date mark them) It was also plain to see that the underbody panel had not been off since I last removed it and you couldn't drain the oil without that. Inspection of the brake bleed nipples made me doubt they had ever been open since manufacture and the dust caps were missing. Some time later I changed the pollen filter which was an absolute basxx!! to do and given its condition I also doubt that had ever been changed. I did some time later discover the fuel filter had been replaced so at least they did something! I mentioned this to the service manager but I don't think he believed me and I had no irrefutable proof. Time moves on and I have had to use the same dealer for some major works (cam belt) which I am satisfied was done properly.
But here's the thing....its the same dealer (and hence service department) that I bought our MG5 from ....... its second service time in January :(
I have other examples which I won't bore you with but to make it clear I very much doubt this is company policy but more to do with caliber of the guys they put on routine servicing. Ever wonder where all those stray oem parts on ebay come from?

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with a different MG garage, they had ticked some things which they had clearly not done at all and left unticked things that they should have done.
Garage immediately offered to redo the whole (1st) service for free.
I would not go back to that garage and would not recommend it to anyone else.

Have I got an update for you guys I just picked up the car was charged the £244 and after what wee Dave wrote i went straight out in the MG car park and took the glove box off as no tools needed and low and behold cabin filter black with dirt. I took it straight back in to the service department and went Through them

BE WARNED PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

You need to check that these con men are doing what they say they’re doing!

I told them to give me my money back and get the service done ✔️

Told them when it gets rebooked in I want to watch them doing it!

They didn’t have a leg to stand on and seemed gub smacked when I came in and slammed the cabin filter down on the desk

Infront of showroom customers.

Name and Shame !!!! MG East Kilbride Glasgow!!!!!!!!

Trust. None of them!!

Half the money back and serviced “ again “

Checking the cabin filter is a good tip, I will remember that at the next service on the 5.
Glad you let them know your displeasure :)
There must be some good ones out there and It's sad to say it, but in general, you can't trust them.

Checking the cabin filter is a good tip, I will remember that at the next service on the 5.
Glad you let them know your displeasure :)
There must be some good ones out there and It's sad to say it, but in general, you can't trust them.
Put tape over the brake fluid cap and after the “ so called service “ pull out the glove box and check the cabin filter is brand new if not they haven’t done a thing. Also I also have my dash cam hard wired in so they tell you to turn it off ( I wonder why) however mine can’t be turned off so checked the footage car got drove in at 11:15 and drove out 35 minutes later. You also see the little Fanny tried to mess with the dash cam probably trying to turn it off. They know they got caught red handed. And where practically kissing my feet today after it when it for the “real” service which took 1.8 hours and I didn’t leave and watched them.

My service did not go well.

Please see attached photos. This is the pollen filter after it has been changed. And the brake fluid was due to be changed too so, prior to the service, I had placed simple electrical tape that joined the cap to the reservoir. It was still in position after the service was complete.

So basically I paid for a service and didn't actually get one. On me pointing out the issues they reviewed the cameras in the service garage. They agreed that the work has not been done.

I have negotiated to get the car in to be serviced properly as per the schedule, and have negotiated a free service as compensation.

I have understandably lost some faith in Fraser's of Falkirk.
Mate I don’t know if you have seen the other thread but they did exactly the same thing in MG Eastkilbride but I stripped out the cabin filter right there and then and took it into the show room and hit the service manager with it! Had dash footage as well car went in the workshop bay for about 35 mins didn’t do a dam thing and took £244 off me !!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is required to be done on each scheduled service, ie 15k,30k,45k etc.
I took up a service plan with the dealership I got the car from in Hull, it went in for its 1st '2hr' service and emerged 55mins later, I have absolutely no idea what was done, certainly no software update, as I checked the version number before driving back to Scunthorpe, I presume that would have changed, the infotainment display still has off days but seems to right itself.
I have to be honest and say, that unless the dealership has a viewing window from the waiting room, to the area where your car is being worked on, I wouldn't imagine anything that was supposed to be done, is.

For 1st service 15k

State of battery check
All wheels off
Good look around
Wheels back on to torque
Thread wear on tyres checked
Air pressure to factory pressure

That’s about it (If you are lucky)

What possibly happened:

You’re car drove into the workshop sat there in the bay for 55mins and then drove back to you and handed the keys by the service manager with a big smile!

For 1st service 15k

State of battery check
All wheels off
Good look around
Wheels back on to torque
Thread wear on tyres checked
Air pressure to factory pressure

That’s about it (If you are lucky)

What possibly happened:

You’re car drove into the workshop sat there in the bay for 55mins and then drove back to you and handed the keys by the service manager with a big smile!
Seems about right, I pay £16/Month for that pleasure, but I've been assured that the 3rd year MOT is in that.

All In all I’m glad I bought this model I’m almost 40k in and it’s just problem free driving 👍

OMG that’s awful now I’m paranoid about getting mine serviced. I was going to ask what people expect to pay for a second service as mine is due in February. I went to MG Chiswick last week to get updates done under warranty as my MG pilot & Keep Lane Assist was crashing. “MG Pilot Quit” error messages. That’s seems to have fixed it so far & I see new options for adjusting the MG Pilot now in the car setup menu.

The quote I received is £250 for second service, they gave me a quote for a 3 year service plan £788.33 with a £250 deposit as mine is due soon then 16 payments of £33.62, is this reasonable? Happy to travel elsewhere but now worried what kind of job I might get.

Heres the breakdown on the back of the quote, service 3 is confusing , what’s Environmental charge?
Service 2
Brake Fluid
Environmental Charge
V Key Fob Battery
Labour Hours - (1.5)
Pollen Filter

Service 3
Environmental Charge
Labour Hours - (1)

Service 4
Brake Fluid
Environmental Charge
Key Fob Battery
Labour Hours - (1.5)
Pollen Filter
Transmission Fluid (EV Shell SL2808)

OMG that’s awful now I’m paranoid about getting mine serviced. I was going to ask what people expect to pay for a second service as mine is due in February. I went to MG Chiswick last week to get updates done under warranty as my MG pilot & Keep Lane Assist was crashing. “MG Pilot Quit” error messages. That’s seems to have fixed it so far & I see new options for adjusting the MG Pilot now in the car setup menu.

The quote I received is £250 for second service, they gave me a quote for a 3 year service plan £788.33 with a £250 deposit as mine is due soon then 16 payments of £33.62, is this reasonable? Happy to travel elsewhere but now worried what kind of job I might get.

Heres the breakdown on the back of the quote, service 3 is confusing , what’s Environmental charge?
Service 2
Brake Fluid
Environmental Charge
V Key Fob Battery
Labour Hours - (1.5)
Pollen Filter

Service 3
Environmental Charge
Labour Hours - (1)

Service 4
Brake Fluid
Environmental Charge