Willie

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I was going to book the second years service for the Wife's zs ev, on enquiring what it entailed I was told that the brake fluid would be changed and the pollen filter would be replaced. why do they change the brake fluid on a relatively new car, is this the norm? I'm a great believer in if it aint broke don't fix it. I would also like to know, do you have to go to an MG dealer for the service.

do you have to go to an MG dealer for the service.
Any garage can do the service if they follow MG's service protocol and use genuine parts. However, the AA recovery worth over £100 will not be renewed if you use an independant garage.

The cabin filter is called for replacing on the second service by MG ( ask them to leave the old one in the car - yeah 👍).
The brake fluid replacement is an odd one TBH.
Different manufacturers adopt differing procedures.
VAG cars call for first replacement at 3 years, then every two years after that.
I know some dealers like to replace it, but on my car it did not get done at the time of the two year service.
The fluid should be checked for the presence of moisture content, if the reading is high, then yes replace it.
Replacing it provides revenue, but not checking it.
You don’t have to take it to a main agent, you can use a third party agent, but they have to use MG OEM parts if required.
Otherwise you could compromise your warranty.
Also if you use a MG main agent, you will get your free MG Assistance for another 12 months.
This is worth factoring into the cost of course.
Rear brake disc replacement has become the flavour of the month right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom