3 pin plug inside car?

RudeYute

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just received my ZS EV LR Trophy a few days ago.

I ocassionally have a need to power a laptop or some other item in the car, so I wondered if there is some way to us it to power a 3 pin plug from inside the car (so not V2L cable).

Anyone doing similar?

Thanks

Just search the internet for a 12V portable inverter for car and you should find what you are looking for. They plug into the lighter socket. :)
Edit: Beware the cheap ones as the 12V plug can melt inside if it draws too much power (Yes, I've got the T shirt).

Thanks. Yeah, I have seen them for ICE cars, but wasn't sure if something else was available for EV's. I know some EV's come with a 3 pin plug inside, but that was wishful thinking at this price :D

See if there is a device that outputs your laptop voltage. You will be converting DC to AC to DC.

Something like this

65W Universal Laptop Car Charger for HP Dell Acer Asus MSI Lenovo Nec IBM Thinkpad Toshiba Fujitsu Packard Gateway Samsung Laptop Sony LG TV Monitor JBL Bose Sony Soundbar 12V-24V DC Adapter https://amzn.eu/d/00hCYt4

Last edited:
Just received my ZS EV LR Trophy a few days ago.

I ocassionally have a need to power a laptop or some other item in the car, so I wondered if there is some way to us it to power a 3 pin plug from inside the car (so not V2L cable).

Anyone doing similar?

Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom