360 camera question

Cal

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi

I did a test drive today, considering buying the trophy. coupe of things I noticed with the camera - just wondering if there are some setting that can be changed.

1. I have a kia with a 360 camera at the moment, when I put it into reverse it shows the 360 and rear view - I can also select side view which is useful when reverse parking to make sure I dont damage my wheels. the MG4 doesnt let me select the side view when in reverse, I can only select it if I use the camera in drive.

2. My kia automatically switches to the camera when I go in reverse - as does the MG4. but when I then switch to drive to straighten my car, the kia keeps the camera on, whereas the MG4 switches off the camera as soon as I come out of reverse - then have to go through the menu to try and find the camera again...

can these be changed in some settings or is this just how it is? thanks

Hi

I did a test drive today, considering buying the trophy. coupe of things I noticed with the camera - just wondering if there are some setting that can be changed.

1. I have a kia with a 360 camera at the moment, when I put it into reverse it shows the 360 and rear view - I can also select side view which is useful when reverse parking to make sure I dont damage my wheels. the MG4 doesnt let me select the side view when in reverse, I can only select it if I use the camera in drive.

2. My kia automatically switches to the camera when I go in reverse - as does the MG4. but when I then switch to drive to straighten my car, the kia keeps the camera on, whereas the MG4 switches off the camera as soon as I come out of reverse - then have to go through the menu to try and find the camera again...

I haven't been able to find a way of selecting the side camera in reverse. And, yes, the camera turns off the moment you select drive which is quite annoying! I've set my LHS star button on the steering wheel to control the camera so that I can turn it back on again without going through the menu. Not ideal, but I'm finding it tolerable like that.

the kia keeps the camera on, whereas the MG4 switches off the camera as soon as I come out of reverse - then have to go through the menu to try and find the camera again...
If you put your indicator on, the camera should come back on, it does in my Trophy

Have to admit it is annoying such a basic 360 camera function as not staying on until parked is bad. I have had 3 other cars with 360 and all stay on until I press 'P'. Hopefully we can get MG to update that??

You could adjust your door mirror down to show the kerb when reversing, like us peasants with no 360 deg camera do. ;)
Mirror don't show you the front wheel though, and the camber of the road might not be spirit level straight and if your parked only a few inches from a curb. The side camera view shows you (or is supposed to) a great view of this front wheel. Got one on the NISMO RS and it's superb. I'd pay £1,000 if it were an option on ANY car.

Hi

I've done a review of the 360 degree camera in the MG4, I did try indicating in reverse to your first point and it doesn't show the side view only the rear and 360 birds eye view... which i guess is sufficient enough to avoid kerbing the aero hubs or alloys.

On point 2 you can program the left shortcut button on the Trophy and above to show the 360 camera if you need to adjust the car going forward... agreed it would be nice for it to stay on for a few seconds.

Generally it's a pretty good system for what you pay the quality is good enough. I've seen worse on much more expensive cars.

Is there a (permanent) way to stop the 360 camera coming on automatically at junctions?
It often comes on exactly when I want to check the satnav.
Yes I think you are referring to when you click the indicator on at a junction, I personally like it but to change it click the small cog in the bottom right on the camera menu to access the settings screen, 1:03 secs into my video above, toggle the first option off and it won't come on when you indicate.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back