mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
From Swansea to Northampton, and return , some 400 miles, in my ZS EV Mk 1

80% on motorways and dual carriageways, not the most economical driving. Speed between 65 and 70 mph. With stops and business at the other end, a 12 hour day..:(

Recharging Network was great. Leaving home with an 80% battery, I took one long charge and one very short top-up on the way up. On return, two 30-minute charges.

On the return journey, the weather really clagged in with heavy rain for the last 70 miles, and I could see the miles on the GOM dripping away, just like the weather. (Bloomin' Welsh weather!)

So to be safe, I stopped for another 15-minute charge, in better weather, I could have easily gotten home.

Average of 3.4 miles/kWh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, interesting trip.
Two points come to mind:
1. If it had been cold you would probably have had to use the heater and blower, drastically cutting your battery reserves.
2. In my E320cdi, I could have done the whole trip without stopping at all.

Yes, but worth reminding oneself that adding an extra 2 hours to a 7 hour journey is a price we pay.

Thanks for comments. These new 150kW chargers are pretty cool Max charge was about 54kW , as my 3-year-old MG is getting a little dated now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was stopped for 2 hours over several stops, then whilst stopped I could be browsing my phone on forums like this, watching TV, listening to music, having a nap. If I got home 2 hours earlier instead, I could use that two hours at home browsing my phone on forums like this, watching TV, listening to music, taking a nap.

Why do members take so much delight in telling us they could have done so much better in their more expense EVs?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom