4wd system off below 20% battery level

DragonKing

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hi, I have MG Marvel R Performance. Why can't the 4wd stay on below 20% battery level in winter mode?
I live in Iceland and we do get some snow here and I would like to use the 4wd (only 4wd forward of course, not a true 4wd system) all time when selecting winter mode.

I could not get the car into the garage because of some snow pile up here in Iceland. It would just spin the rear tires, I had to get out shoveling to get to the charger,, it was fine leaving this morning with fully charged and no problem going over the small snow pile,,,

MG should update the 4wd system so it stays always on in in winter mode,,, it can be range saver in normal or Eco mode ( e.g shuts off the front motor when battery is 20% only in these modes).

Or at least have option in quick menu to turn on 4wd when you are below 20% battery.

Still loving my Marvel even it had some issues from new and have been multiple times to the dealership trying to fix them. And I wish there were better more rapidly software updates for our cars like MG have been doing to MG4 and listen to what people want to fix or update.

Happy MG driving everyone 😁

I agree with the 4WD/AWD. It should not be sold as "AWD" model, its not!
I was stuck on my lawn and could not back up since back wheels spinned and suddenly stopped after a while regardless of "mode". Could not drive forward in the lawn/mud, so only option was reverse. Had to call car tow to drag me backwards.

When i bought the car in november 2022, its was not a word from MG dealer about "fake" AWD, eq. only AWD in forward drive. I got the news from a car magazine in sweden "Vi bilägare" that found out. MG sales person was little suprised when the article came out.
So MG should say that at car dealer to people wo are thinking about AWD (Performance model)

And winter mode, as you mentioned, should always have all power on all wheels. should not be so hard.
I have several software issues on my MG marvel R performance. Have R23 version. I think also the new version of iSmart is very bad. Statistics gone, gps not finding car and UX is so lame! MG has a lot of work to do. Chinese is always copying things, so they should have seen other good things in other electrical cars to copy ... but not....But thats my personal view.....Happy driving!

I agree with the 4WD/AWD. It should not be sold as "AWD" model, its not!
I was stuck on my lawn and could not back up since back wheels spinned and suddenly stopped after a while regardless of "mode". Could not drive forward in the lawn/mud, so only option was reverse. Had to call car tow to drag me backwards.

When i bought the car in november 2022, its was not a word from MG dealer about "fake" AWD, eq. only AWD in forward drive. I got the news from a car magazine in sweden "Vi bilägare" that found out. MG sales person was little suprised when the article came out.
So MG should say that at car dealer to people wo are thinking about AWD (Performance model)

And winter mode, as you mentioned, should always have all power on all wheels. should not be so hard.
I have several software issues on my MG marvel R performance. Have R23 version. I think also the new version of iSmart is very bad. Statistics gone, gps not finding car and UX is so lame! MG has a lot of work to do. Chinese is always copying things, so they should have seen other good things in other electrical cars to copy ... but not....But thats my personal view.....Happy driving!
Agreed.
It is a serious oversight and not at all communicated by MG dealers in the UK.
X Power owners have only recently discovered this.
I doubt very much whether I will ever need 4WD in reverse but at least I know what the car can do now and plan ahead should the time come.

Last edited:
Agreed.
It is a serious oversight and not at all communicated by MG dealers in the UK.
X Power owners have only recently discovered this.
I doubt very much whether I will ever need 4WD in reverse but at least I know what the car can do now and plan ahead should the time come.
When you live in winter country like Sweden, you buy mostly awd cars. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom