64kwh Xpower battery different to stock MG4 ?

powerfulx

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Ive been wondering about the battery chemistry of the Xpower. I am not sure MG would slap a 7 year cover on the battery from the standard 64 MG. Pulling double the amps ! has anyone any detail on the battery ?

I'd be surprised if the 64kWh battery pack was different in the XPower ... I reckon the pack is easily capable of coping with the XPower load (remembering that it is peak power that is drawn, not constant power - the car will throttle back power if the battery temperature rises too much), and that in the LR models it is not being taxed.

Only thing that does seem strange is the extra 0.1 kWh on the MG website as the XPower shows as 61.8 kWh usable compared to the 61.7 kWh of the LR

Building a battery to support 320kw or building a battery for 150kw , its not just heat, higher performance batteries cost. Id say same shell and cooling, bigger copper busbars, bigger fuse, bigger relays - and possibly different cathode and annode materials to support the small amount of xpower MG4s. Or MG are taking a gamble on how they abuse the cells.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom