7 year ‘warranty’

prospectivebuyer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Very very close to pulling trigger on a pre FL mg5 and looking at the 7 year warranty, basically everything is out of warranty by 3 years apart from the battery and paint.

Is this correct?

Should I even bother shopping for a car with warranty in tact?

Also

Does any one know if the actual electric motor(engine) and components is covered in this warranty at all? Because I can’t see anything indicating it is.

Many thanks!!!

Or is the extended battery warranty 70% degradation guarantee worth it alone?

… my reading of this is that all EV specific components, i.e battery (70% capacity) motor, inverter, charger etc are covered for the 7years or 80k miles.

Don’t think we’ll keep her for this long but it will give some peace of mind to any subsequent owner.

Wow! For a moderator that is one of the most helpful answers I’ve ever received on a forum!

… my reading of this is that all EV specific components, i.e battery (70% capacity) motor, inverter, charger etc are covered for the 7years or 80k miles.

Don’t think we’ll keep her for this long but it will give some peace of mind to any subsequent owner.
I would hope this is the case!

Last edited:
Regarding warranty, it is worth noting that many ICE manufacturer warranty terms are only 3 years and interior “trim” items can be only 12 months.
Unless you opt to pay to extend the term of the warranty after purchase.
But this then becomes a “Dealer Warranty” in the case of the VAG group, that has a number of restrictions applied to it.
Only yesterday, I watched a video of a 2023 Audi in the USA that was only 12 months old but was deemed out of warranty.
Why - Because the car had covered a massive 60,000 K in that very short time.
Serviceable items like brake pads / wiper blades etc are not covered by the warranty.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom