A boot liner upgrade and boot floor modification.

Alansurfer

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Installed a boot liner from AliExpress to replace my very worn out one. Fits very well and seems to be well made, I chose black with blue stitching to match the car interior. Also removed the hump for raising the floor level as don't use it and it makes a bit more space for the big dog. There is a gap at the bottom on the sides as it's cut for the floor in the high position, I will cut a piece to fill it later.

Attachments

• IMG_5970.jpg
    IMG_5970.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5972.jpg
    IMG_5972.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5973.jpg
    IMG_5973.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5977.jpg
    IMG_5977.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 241
Thanks for this Alansurfer very impressed. I will try to get one for my ZS EV I think.

By the way could you give the link for the V2L adapter you have? I my son-in-law has promised to valet my car regularly as I pick the grandchildren up regularly from nursary and school. He would find the plug on the car so much easier than his long extension lead when vacuuming.

Thanks for this Alansurfer very impressed. I will try to get one for my ZS EV I think.

By the way could you give the link for the V2L adapter you have? I my son-in-law has promised to valet my car regularly as I pick the grandchildren up regularly from nursary and school. He would find the plug on the car so much easier than his long extension lead when vacuuming.
The V2L is very useful, I’ll be doing some more testing soon with camping and cooking on a twin hob induction hob. I’m also going to rig up a generator switch on my home electric supply so I can take advantage of the overnight tariff, then use the car to power the house.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is that link for all the sections or just the base? The ad is not clear! Thanks :)
I also liked the interesting pricing structure for delivery - get it 5 days later if you pay more...

1679498140425.png

Last edited:
You have to chose which item you want from the list. Tap/click on Colour Name above the photos, then on the item you want from the extended list (photos). See screen shots

Attachments

• 7FA56676-C1E9-4E85-8EE1-F0619692F07D.png
    7FA56676-C1E9-4E85-8EE1-F0619692F07D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
  • 8BBB887A-8024-4340-B422-FE81CC2D781E.png
    8BBB887A-8024-4340-B422-FE81CC2D781E.png
    848.2 KB · Views: 208
Yours come away slightly at the top of the rear seat split like mine do. I originally made the mistake of sticking a velcro piece to the carpet and this did not work very well for me.

It was better when I just had a velcro strip attached to the cover which stuck to the boot liner.

I do like them though.

Attachments

• IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 160
Yours come away slightly at the top of the rear seat split like mine do. I originally made the mistake of sticking a velcro piece to the carpet and this did not work very well for me.

It was better when I just had a velcro strip attached to the cover which stuck to the boot liner.
I didn't use the loop velcro pads, just the hook pads on the covers as the material in the boot is great material to attach to, except at the sides at the top, I had to use both pads there.

View attachment 18053
Finally got round to fitting mine this afternoon.

It's a tight fit with the dog guard to get the seat back clasps engaged, just had to use some brute force.

Pleased with the overall coverage and allows easy access to boot lower storage area.
you have the exact setup im trying to go for, how did you find the dog guard setup and can you put the seats down with it still on?

you have the exact setup im trying to go for, how did you find the dog guard setup and can you put the seats down with it still on?
No you wouldn't be able to put the seats down as it would fall off. But this is pretty standard with these one piece dog guards was the same on my Mercedes.

It's a tight fit for the dog guard and the AliExpress covers to get the seats to lock in place. Had to push them back hard to engage.

But it works fine for me, don't plan to put the seats down. Have another car I can use for lugging things to the dump, etc.

No you wouldn't be able to put the seats down as it would fall off. But this is pretty standard with these one piece dog guards was the same on my Mercedes.

It's a tight fit for the dog guard and the AliExpress covers to get the seats to lock in place. Had to push them back hard to engage.

But it works fine for me, don't plan to put the seats down. Have another car I can use for lugging things to the dump, etc.
Thanks!

Installed a boot liner from AliExpress to replace my very worn out one. Fits very well and seems to be well made, I chose black with blue stitching to match the car interior. Also removed the hump for raising the floor level as don't use it and it makes a bit more space for the big dog. There is a gap at the bottom on the sides as it's cut for the floor in the high position, I will cut a piece to fill it later.

Not sure if this answers the minor problems

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...59588882723939eb3be!12000030697518419!rec!AU!

Appears to have the side extensions to cover the dropped floor and more secure attachment on the headrests. I note the UK MG4 models seem to have only 2 rear headrests. I have 77kw model on order which apparently has the 3 headrests

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom