Boot liner from AliExpress

TorvaFirmus

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I recently bought this boot liner from AliExpress (20.82£ 48% OFF|Specialized For MG4 2022 2023 MG MULAN Trunk Floor Mat Cargo Liner Car Waterproof Durable Pad TPO Protection Carpet Car Products| | - AliExpress). I am really happy with the purchase.

It fits nicely in the lower level. It did arrive all rolled up and still has some stretch marks around the edges. But still, I like it.
20230625_160158.jpg

There's some discussion about various boot liner options in this thread too, I think including that one.

That one you have is one of the ones I've been considering, although I think I'm leaning towards a different one. I saw someone else talk about it arriving scrunched up, but the vendor said it will find its proper shape especially with warmth. But the shipping is quite expensive whereas other options seem to come with free shipping.

I'm currently leaning towards this one, in beige.

I'm getting beige seat covers (although the back seat is delayed because they originally sent me a set with mirror-image rear covers!) and I think this would tone in well with these. But I need to see how the back seat covers look first.

The black one seems heavier-duty though. Decisions, decisions!

I recently bought this boot liner from AliExpress (20.82£ 48% OFF|Specialized For MG4 2022 2023 MG MULAN Trunk Floor Mat Cargo Liner Car Waterproof Durable Pad TPO Protection Carpet Car Products| | - AliExpress). I am really happy with the purchase.

It fits nicely in the lower level. It did arrive all rolled up and still has some stretch marks around the edges. But still, I like it.
View attachment 18538
I bought the same one and it arrived Tuesday and as you say it came rolled up so I sat in the conservatory with some weights on which it soon straightened out. My car boot cover is set at the upper level and whilst there isn’t a lot of room underneath I have managed to get the type 2 cable under.

You can get your type 2 cable underneath the bonnet anyway. I've got mine, in its bag, laid on top of the plastic tray and the bonnet closes over it just neatly enough to hold it in place.

I bought the same one and it arrived Tuesday and as you say it came rolled up so I sat in the conservatory with some weights on which it soon straightened out. My car boot cover is set at the upper level and whilst there isn’t a lot of room underneath I have managed to get the type 2 cable under.
Same here. I keep my type 2 cable underneath with the floor on the upper level.

There's some discussion about various boot liner options in this thread too, I think including that one.

That one you have is one of the ones I've been considering, although I think I'm leaning towards a different one. I saw someone else talk about it arriving scrunched up, but the vendor said it will find its proper shape especially with warmth. But the shipping is quite expensive whereas other options seem to come with free shipping.

I'm currently leaning towards this one, in beige.

I'm getting beige seat covers (although the back seat is delayed because they originally sent me a set with mirror-image rear covers!) and I think this would tone in well with these. But I need to see how the back seat covers look first.

The black one seems heavier-duty though. Decisions, decisions!
Looks like a beautiful liner. I wanted something hard wearing. So plastic was ideal.

This might be a silly question, but is the shape correct? The side wings on the picture seem bigger than my boot.

You can get your type 2 cable underneath the bonnet anyway. I've got mine, in its bag, laid on top of the plastic tray and the bonnet closes over it just neatly enough to hold it in place.
Bonnet? I have never even opened the bonnet.
We have to ask, Why are people storing anything under the bonnet, when, A) There is no dedicated storage and the bonnet does not have hydraulic struts?

Bonnet? I have never even opened the bonnet.

Worth having a look so you know what's there. Where is the 12v battery? Where do I put the windscreen washer fluid? There isn't a lot of space (though one feels that they could have engineered some), but apparently by chance the space between the plastic tray and the bonnet itself will take a type 2 cable.

I keep mine there, out of sight out of mind, but easily accessible if I happen to need it. My friend's husband saw me return it to its place and did a double-take, then said, of course nothing in there gets hot, does it?

Looks like a beautiful liner. I wanted something hard wearing. So plastic was ideal.

This might be a silly question, but is the shape correct? The side wings on the picture seem bigger than my boot.

Hmmm. I had to search for it again because I'd lost the link, and maybe that isn't the same one although it looks like the same photo. I was asking about the difference between the SE and the Trophy and someone pointed out an option to pick higher level or lower level. I don't see that on this page.

I'll go back and check what the member who bought one said about it before I order. I don't imagine it's as hard-wearing as the black one and maybe for putting a bike in the back the black one would be better. But for ordinary luggage the beige one looks quite smart.

Am I right in thinking the bonnet should only be opened after setting the windscreen wipers to 'service' position? Also can someone remind me how to set them thus. Otherwise I believe they are hit by the rear edge of the bonnet as it opens!

Am I right in thinking the bonnet should only be opened after setting the windscreen wipers to 'service' position? Also can someone remind me how to set them thus. Otherwise I believe they are hit by the rear edge of the bonnet as it opens!
To set them on the main screen go to drive settings, then safety, then power off, press the wipers and they should park in the CTR of the screen. The wipers will only hit the bonnet if they are raised from the screen when the car is activated again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom