A/C not blowing on windscreen in auto mode

DanBoro

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When selecting auto mode on the A/C menu it redirects air to where is needed such as the cabin rather than the windscreen but In past cars that have had climate control in auto mode there will always be a portion of air directed at the windscreen to stop it fogging up etc.

I have checked the front windscreen air vent and when you press the front de-mist button or even select the windscreen on the display air does come out, is this maybe a software issue with the car ? As to me in auto mode you should always have a portion of air coming out of the windscreen air vent.

I just always find myself having to go back into the menu and select windscreen when I’d rather have it on auto so air is directed through all air vents

Has anyone else experienced this?, it’s becoming more apparent now we are starting to get colder mornings in the UK

When we test drove the MG ZS EV back in March the windows were really fast to mist up, if we turned the A/C off or down.

We put it down to the test car maybe being extra damp from someone driving it the previous day where it rained, but i do have to say, that even when we had our own, it had a tendency to mist up faster than our previous and current ICE cars.

ICE cars do have a lot of excess heat from the combustion process, so this might be a factor on why it is easier to keep the windscreen clear of moist

Yeah I do agree there maybe certain characteristics of ICE cars that might help keep the moisture lower in the car but it’s not so much that, it’s the fact when in auto mode there is 0 air coming out of the windscreen air vent, I feel that the infotainment has over the air updates and surely this can be fixed with a simple software update, as to me no matter what time of year there should always be a portion of air being directed at the windscreen even if it’s as small as 5% and the rest directed at the rest of the cabin, I think even with this small percentage this should be enough to stop the windscreen misting up

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom