A follow-up to a dealer inquiry from MG HQ

Steptoe

Standard Member
Reaction score
My vehicle was a pre-reg so when I hadn't received a V5 after 4 weeks I emailed the dealers and politely enquired if they had indeed notified DVLA of the transfer (they'd given me the new keeper slip)

After the salesman's lackadaisical sales technique and disinterested handover (probably my fault as I turned down the gap insurance offer!) I wasn't really surprised not to get any sort of reply at all but was amazed to get an email directly from MG a few days later saying that they had noticed I'd not had a reply from the dealership and was it a matter that they could help me with.

In this case, it was a administrative issue rather than a warranty matter but comforting to find out that the dealers performance is being monitored by MG HQ and that they are interested in customer satisfaction.

I replied to the email explaining that I resolved the issue by applying for a V5 from DVLA myself and thanking them for monitoring the issue.

I got a semi standardized reply saying that as I'd resolved the issue they would take this matter as feedback and suggested if I wanted compensation* that I needed to approach the dealer directly as they are all franchisees.

*I'd only mentioned that the dealer didn't even offer me an MG keyring to go with my purchase in the hope that this would produce a goody bag from HQ!

I replied to the email explaining that I resolved the issue by applying for a V5 from DVLA myself and thanking them for monitoring the issue.

I got a semi standardized reply saying that as I'd resolved the issue they would take this matter as feedback and suggested if I wanted compensation* that I needed to approach the dealer directly as they are all franchisees.

*I'd only mentioned that the dealer didn't even offer me an MG keyring to go with my purchase in the hope that this would produce a goody bag from HQ!

Fingers crossed for the goodybag

My vehicle was a pre-reg so when I hadn't received a V5 after 4 weeks I emailed the dealers and politely enquired if they had indeed notified DVLA of the transfer (they'd given me the new keeper slip)

After the salesman's lackadaisical sales technique and disinterested handover (probably my fault as I turned down the gap insurance offer!) I wasn't really surprised not to get any sort of reply at all but was amazed to get an email directly from MG a few days later saying that they had noticed I'd not had a reply from the dealership and was it a matter that they could help me with.

In this case, it was a administrative issue rather than a warranty matter but comforting to find out that the dealers performance is being monitored by MG HQ and that they are interested in customer satisfaction.
How did MG know you’d emailed the dealership?

How did MG know you’d emailed the dealership?
This is what is puzzling me: do they monitor all messages to dealers or were they monitoring messages to this particular dealership for some reason?

In my op I said I'd emailed the dealers but in fact I'd used the 'contact us' link on their website to send a message as there wasn't a publicly available email address.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom