AA Membership?

Gandalfharrow

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I keep seeing references to "included" AA membership. But I have no information on this. Is it still in operation for the 2022 model?

As far as I know it is just basic roadside assist, might have onward journey but won't know until I get the paperwork, its initially for 12 months but you get a 1 year top up everytime you get the car serviced by an MG garage. Only for use in UK, so you can't use it if you go abroad.

As far as I know it is just basic roadside assist, might have onward journey but won't know until I get the paperwork, its initially for 12 months but you get a 1 year top up everytime you get the car serviced by an MG garage. Only for use in UK, so you can't use it if you go abroad.
It is poorly named as MG Assist.
It is in fact full cover, for the car (not the driver).

from the MG.co.uk website....

This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover). It’s a really comprehensive package to offer you reassurance and peace of mind. The details of your cover can be found Roadside Assistance | My MG

It is poorly named as MG Assist.
It is in fact full cover, for the car (not the driver).

from the MG.co.uk website....

This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover). It’s a really comprehensive package to offer you reassurance and peace of mind. The details of your cover can be found Roadside Assistance | My MG
Thats the one :) I couldn't find the page quick enough when I replied. The rolling 12 months thing is still correct though, if you don't get main dealer serviced (with service plans costing £6 per month why wouldnt you) you don't keep the cover, so another incentive to get it serviced for cheap at MG :)

Thats the one :) I couldn't find the page quick enough when I replied. The rolling 12 months thing is still correct though, if you don't get main dealer serviced (with service plans costing £6 per month why wouldnt you) you don't keep the cover, so another incentive to get it serviced for cheap at MG :)
Agreed. That AA cover cost £179, so if the service is under that, you're quids in.

Edit: Just checked the AA site and they're doing it half price at the moment, so it's worth £89.50.

Last edited:
So if you have motability MG don't offer AA it's RAC
Motability might be something entirely different when it comes to the breakdown cover... The MG Assistance one is specifically AA... the RAC thing might be something separately arranged through Motability.

I agree but would make sense to keep stuff like that under one roof?
It's unfortunately something that is bound to happen when you have a "scheme" such as motability purchasing cars from dealers. They obviously have their own arrangements when it comes to servicing, maintenance and break down cover so they won't opt to use dealer provided services a lot of the time. You will probably find that the car will have the AA provided MG Assistance AND the motability provided RAC cover.

Free if you have it with the bank
I have found the bank ones don't normally have very good cover normally only if you brake down away from home but The AA cover from mg is more comprehensive
Screenshot_20220421_190919.jpg

But do you have to pay for your bank account? you dont get things for free much with banks, so might be other drawbacks like crappy interest rates on savings and current account balances.

It's not technically free it's part of a Premium package which has car break down cover mobile phone cover family travel insurance free currency exchange and cashback yadi yadi yadi it pays for its self with cashback on direct debits but anyway off topic now
Would still have the AA over the free bank stuff it's a handy to have only used once but end result was ok

Is the £6 a month the normal rate from MG dealers, I think £18 was mentioned to me?

Is the £6 a month the normal rate from MG dealers, I think £18 was mentioned to me?
£6 is the old low mileage service plan under 10k miles before it ended there was a higher mileage plan at £14 ish apparently the new service plans come out in May but dealers have also been offering the own plans to fill the gap but prices vary so you may of been offered one of them?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom