AA Membership?

Wow, that's cheap

I just got an "offer" for a service subscription on the car.

If i select 10.000 miles and 5 year coverage it cost £45 a month

This covers the yearly service, and also any spare parts and labor to fit them.

To be honest it seems like quite a crazy amount, especially considering that the warranty will cover any warranty item.

I wonder if wear items are also included though...Brakes and tyres for example.

Screenshot_20220426_112759_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Some of that stuff is not really relevant for an EV.

Clutch components
Drive belts
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Spark Plugs
Bulbs
Exhaust / Cathalytic converter

The offer i got is £45 a month, which comes down to £2700 in a 5 year period.

To be honest, i am just going to take my chances, i don really expect the car to cost that much to maintain, if i just pay for the maintenance out of pocket.

To be honest i would expect the car to maybe need new brakes and tyres plus service for the first 5 years, so i think it is rather expensive.

It's a generic warranty to cover all there cars
And yes the service costs you have been quoted are just silly and way to much there must be a mistake?

@hmadsen this is what sort of price that is reasonable i would say
We've just been sent a proposed service plan for our MG ZS Trophy and I wanted to know if it sounds reasonable to you all as this is the first electric car we've owned and can't really compare to previous ICE servicing.

The four year plan with 2 MOT's is coming up as £554.

Does that sound reasonable? It's from our MG dealer rather than MG directly

@hmadsen this is what sort of price that is reasonable i would say
So you think that i will pay £2700 to have the car serviced and fixed in the next 5 years even if i just pay out of pocket, when needed ?

That is a bit scary, this is more than i paid for my diesel, and it needed an oil change every year, and even had a few bits and bobs that were broken or worn out prematurely because of bad manufacturing (That i guess would be covered by MG's normal warranty for the first 2-3 years)

I was told that i should expect lower cost of maintenance on an EV compared to a ICE car.

So you think that i will pay £2700 to have the car serviced and fixed in the next 5 years even if i just pay out of pocket, when needed ?

That is a bit scary, this is more than i paid for my diesel, and it needed an oil change every year, and even had a few bits and bobs that were broken or worn out prematurely because of bad manufacturing (That i guess would be covered by MG's normal warranty for the first 2-3 years)

I was told that i should expect lower cost of maintenance on an EV compared to a ICE car.
I think he was referring to the price in the quote. £554 for 4 years with 2 MOT's thrown in.

Last edited:
Had the first service on my 1st gen MG ZS EV in January , cost £95 , draw your own conclusion from that

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom