AA Wireless adapter- spotify issue

navneeth1986

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Guys- I bought a new AA wireless adapter for my ZS EV. I am having issue just with the spotify, it keeps disconnecting after I turn off/ON the car. The android auto itself works fine. When I press play on the car, it just stops/pauses.is there any resolution for this.?

Kind Regards

Hi Guys- I bought a new AA wireless adapter for my ZS EV. I am having issue just with the spotify, it keeps disconnecting after I turn off/ON the car. The android auto itself works fine. When I press play on the car, it just stops/pauses.is there any resolution for this.?

Kind Regards
You can try a couple of things, on the assumption you haven't already done so,
  • Update the device to the latest Firmware/system, should be ver 2.0.2
  • In device settings enable 'Passthrough'
hope this helps!

Last edited:

Kind Regards
I've been having the same issue with Apple music as well! I shall try what Khingers suggested and hopefully that works.

I have had a couple of teething issues, not connecting and apple music for Android sometimes not playing. It seems to have got a lot better since the update.

For the price and convenience, I would still recommend it

hope this helps!
Unfortunately, enabling passthrough only made the issue worse 😔. I've emailed support to see if they can get to the bottom of this.

hope this helps!
Yes, I just enabled pass through, unfortunately, the issue still exists. :(

Just checked my settings and I have passthrough disabled, maybe worth removing and re-installing spotify, same with Apple music.
I never had this problem in my Corsa, only the MG. I'll wait to see what support have to say about it.

Kind Regards
Have had no such issues on the MG5, is Spotify set as the chosen music player in android auto, had a slight issue after installing another music player on the phone which seemed to want to take over the world

Still have this issue. No luck. Actually Spotify works fine when I turn on the car in the morning, it connects smoothly, without pausing. Issue is when I go for drive and stop and start the car(school run), FM takes over and spotify just pauses, and play doesn't work. Really weird issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom