AAWireless stays put while I drive away

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
My AAWireless has been fine for some time, the odd loss of connection though.
I had not driven my HS for about a week then started up, AA showed me correctly at my location. Drove off to the shops about 2 miles away. Parked up and noted AA still had me at home. Did shopping, came back and AA shows me parked in the car park. Went home and AA still had me in car park. As I was home I searched and set my destination as Home (Where I was) AA duly gave me the route from the car park to where I was already!
Unplugged AAW, waited a few minutes then re-connected. Next day drove off and AAW was working fine, went shopping again to the supermarket, when we got back to the car is showed us correctly in the car park but again failed to keep up on our return and still had us in the car park when we got home.
I have updated the software and tried the 'Reset' option. Any thoughts?

Had a reply from AAWireless Support:

Please make sure that you are on firmware version 2.0.0 or higher, after that please open "Device settings" and press "Wi-Fi settings" and change the "Wi-Fi channel" in 149. Please make sure to test with other Wi-Fi channels as well.

Software is 2.1.0 so up to date. Checked the other settings and found the AAWireless location was United States! I wonder if the last update changed the UK to the US. Any way that might explain why it is having problems when before it was fine. I will keep checking to make sure normal service has been restored.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom