I decided to make my own topic so as not to clutter others.
Continuation about working on the wind deflector.

They made my first sample. I tried to check the efficiency at a temperature of 4 degrees and it’s difficult to understand, but there is certainly less wind in the cabin. I will order two new samples, with adjusted mounting holes, and another small one, only the middle part.

And I like this car more and more. )

I added links to my previous posts in other topics.
Cyberster - what we know so far

Latest MG Cyberster spy shots

Latest MG Cyberster spy shots

Attachments

• IMG_5735.jpg
    IMG_5735.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5736.jpg
    IMG_5736.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5737.jpg
    IMG_5737.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5741.jpg
    IMG_5741.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5742.jpg
    IMG_5742.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Nice one. Hopefully theyll be widely available as an aftermarket part. Unless MG decide to make them. Maybe its possible to stick on somehow without the straps like the SLK? Theres no easy fitment. No gutter so place to clip it

Also have you thought about a front splitter to match the factory side skirts and rear diffuser. Seems like something is missing at the front

I decided to make my own topic so as not to clutter others.
Continuation about working on the wind deflector.

They made my first sample. I tried to check the efficiency at a temperature of 4 degrees and it’s difficult to understand, but there is certainly less wind in the cabin. I will order two new samples, with adjusted mounting holes, and another small one, only the middle part.

And I like this car more and more. )
Could you expand on your first post above please for those people who start here without reading your previous (context giving) posts?

Did you get a chance to test the acceleration with a dragy? I think the claimed 3.2 seconds is optimistic. In terms of the wind buffeting plexi. You may be able to list it on Ebay once finalised if can get a good price. Could even avoid custom charges in most countries.

Did you get a chance to test the acceleration with a dragy? I think the claimed 3.2 seconds is optimistic. In terms of the wind buffeting plexi. You may be able to list it on Ebay once finalised if can get a good price. Could even avoid custom charges in most countries.
Haven't stopped by yet. Only now the weather is becoming more or less warm. But I've already registered for Sunday's track day. It's near the city.

I have no experience other than karting, but a suitable car appeared. I'll try. ))) I will tell you my impressions.

Nice one dont forget your go pro. Are you using their car? Or taking the MG? Either way should be fun. Did you get PPF wrap on the MG?

Nice one dont forget your go pro. Are you using their car? Or taking the MG? Either way should be fun. Did you get PPF wrap on the MG?
With go pro I need to look for some kind of mount, I’ll think about it. Of course I’ll go to MG, everyone there only drives their own cars. This will be my first experience there, if everything works out. As for PPF, I decided to save money and covered only the glossy black elements on the top of the body and the sills below, since the slightest scratches and prints are visible on the gloss. And of course the headlights.
The MG has a built-in dash cam, with a separate video camera under the rear view mirror. The recording is permanent. The quality is very good and the interface is easy to view. I purchased a 128 GB SD card separately. I wanted to watch the recordings on MAC, but the format was “unknown”. I'll study this question later.

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 64
Good to hear about the dashcam. Yes a mount is better. Although wearing it on your head etc is a bit uncomfortable. That makes sense to wrap those glossy bits. Not sure why they added gloss plastic on the exterior of the car. One wash and its ruined.

"Format unknown". Thats useful. lol. MP4, H264, H265, etc Its got to be one of the standard formats otherwise its no good. Probably needs a codec downloaded. Being in Chinese doesn't help.

Im sure theres a patch coming for that too :D

Today we took some measurements with the Dragy Performance Meter (DRG70). There are two people in the car, 80 and 94 kg. Best result 0-100 3.54 sec, quarter - 11.64 sec. I expected better. I think if you throw out a heavy passenger, you still won’t achieve the stated 3.2 seconds. )

Attachments

• IMG_2086.PNG
    IMG_2086.PNG
    205.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2089.PNG
    IMG_2089.PNG
    216.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 41
Today we took some measurements with the Dragy Performance Meter (DRG70). There are two people in the car, 80 and 94 kg. Best result 0-100 3.54 sec, quarter - 11.64 sec. I expected better. I think if you throw out a heavy passenger, you still won’t achieve the stated 3.2 seconds. )
Still bl00dy fast, though Alex. 🙂👍

Thats around similar time to an F Type V8. Acceleration wise. Quarter mile matches the F Type R AWD at 11.7. Vehicle weight is a hindrance. MG might pip it to the finish but nothing in it.

Im assuming Torque is at least 500+ ft lbs just like the F Type R. The MG is heavier by 250 kg.

Your top speed is almost reached at the quarter mile. Where the F Type will take off to 186 mph or better yet the SVR (3.3 seconds) will hit 200 mph. Whose quarter mile is around 11.2 to 11.3

I think on the EU market only the Plaid Tesla (import) and Taycan GTS and Turbo trims are faster. I think theres a weight penalty on Cyberster. The 982 Boxster may match those times at a cost of weight. Time will tell. 3.54 is still decent.

Could you please let us know where to find the emergency handles for the siccorr doors in case of power failure or accident.
I am curious. Thanks

Could you please let us know where to find the emergency handles for the siccorr doors in case of power failure or accident.
I am curious. Thanks
Hi! The emergency door opening handles are located behind the back in the center of the rear wall. If you pull this handle, the door will unlock, and then lift it manually. I checked, it works.
IMG_5736 3.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting walk around the Cyberster here from Everything Electric in London, is that a wind deflector in the boot at about 2:45 into the video?

Any chance to get a POV drive with different modes and sound actuator on/off in your Cyberster. Hopefully weather is good over there! Would be great. Thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom