ACC and switching off display: Excite

wade

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
MG ZS Excite 2022 Aust/NZ release

Seeking advice pls, how to:

1) Adjust ACC so that does NOT automatically slow speed at the apex of corner? I figured solution might be in MG Pilot, however have found no way to override this apparent automated (and annoying) feature.

2) Is there a way to set up the display to also switch off when power-off the vehicle? Only way I can work how to switch off the display is to lock the vehicle. Would be great if there was a way for set up the display to also power down when powering down the vehicle.

Thank you!

Update to this post:

Jerry Pan kindly provided answers to both my questions in his excellent YouTube instruction manuals

NEW 2022 MG ZS EV -- MG Pilot Safety Features Explained -- Complete Tutorial and User Guide

and

NEW 2022 MG ZS EV -- 10.1 Inch Screen Full Tutorial Walkthrough -- User Manual

1) It’s a safety feature. It will automatically slow down around corner on ACC.

2) 3 ways: 1. Lock the car. 2. Push and hold home button for 5 seconds. 3. Leave it and it will automatically shut off after 10 mins.

MG ZS Excite 2022 Aust/NZ release

Seeking advice pls, how to:

1) Adjust ACC so that does NOT automatically slow speed at the apex of corner? I figured solution might be in MG Pilot, however have found no way to override this apparent automated (and annoying) feature.

2) Is there a way to set up the display to also switch off when power-off the vehicle? Only way I can work how to switch off the display is to lock the vehicle. Would be great if there was a way for set up the display to also power down when powering down the vehicle.

Thank you!
I think this happens with a lot of cars. Teslabjorn (YouTube) picked this up in a BYD test recently. Not something I'd use.

Update to this post:

Jerry Pan kindly provided answers to both my questions in his excellent YouTube instruction manuals

NEW 2022 MG ZS EV -- MG Pilot Safety Features Explained -- Complete Tutorial and User Guide

and

NEW 2022 MG ZS EV -- 10.1 Inch Screen Full Tutorial Walkthrough -- User Manual

1) It’s a safety feature. It will automatically slow down around corner on ACC.

2) 3 ways: 1. Lock the car. 2. Push and hold home button for 5 seconds. 3. Leave it and it will automatically shut off after 10 mins.
Hmm - slowing down on bends I would not consider to be a safety feature.

In my opinion/experience (ACC slowing in corners) is more of a minor annoyance rather than an issue. Once used to the car it's easily worked around by applying a little acceleration, which doesn't disable ACC. I live in rural area where lots of winding roads. On straight roads feature isn't noticeable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom