• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ACC display and Warnings

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Still getting my head around some things I feel are odd.
When you engage Adaptive Cruise the dash screen shows the set distance and selected speed. You can engage ACC with the stalk in silence so not waking up SWMBO. Come to a 30mph corner at 50 and turn off ACC with the stalk results in a loud warning 'boing' Round corner and ACC back on in silence. Why only boing on off and not on on or better still why boing at all?
Another niggle is that when you have ACC active it takes over the dash screen, you can no longer access any of the other information screens unless you deselect ACC with a boing adjust speed with your foot then find what you wanted and activate ACC again. I do use ACC a lot and this off boing is really annoying
My Octavia allowed you to see the ACC settings and adjust as needed with the stalk also the information like distance traveled etc.

If you brake ACC silently disengages.
You can use the left / right keys on steering to navigate to other screens though any ACC engagement / disengagement will revert to that screen

Thanks, I had tried up and down but not the left and right then the up and down.
Next trip........

There are 3 main menus so left and right scroll through them. What happens when you switch on or engage ACC, a fourth menu is created which is the car with the adjustable distance to the car in front. So if you scroll left and right will scroll through the 4 menus. When you turn off ACC then it switches back to just the standard 3 menus.

Attachments

• F501D9DB-F4FD-43CD-8772-ACA7C32957CA.jpeg
    F501D9DB-F4FD-43CD-8772-ACA7C32957CA.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 100
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom