ACC Ghost cars ahead - ZS EV Facelift

fnkd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Apologies if someone has done a thread on this but couldn’t find it in search. If it’s already been raised please can you send me a link.

I’ve noticed on the instrument panel when using ACC that a random car will appear in front of me and the brakes will slightly apply. Then all of a sudden the car will disappear.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any suggestions on what to do.

It’s happened a few times and is quite concerning.

I've got a feeling it may be the positioning of the radar. When I drove the Ioniq, I had no problem with phantom braking and the radar was high up on the front of the car under the "H" logo. In the Kona, the radar is low to the road and phantom brakes all the time. I wonder if it is picking up spurious reflections off the road, from weather conditions, or any other source of reflection.

I've got a feeling it may be the positioning of the radar. When I drove the Ioniq, I had no problem with phantom braking and the radar was high up on the front of the car under the "H" logo. In the Kona, the radar is low to the road and phantom brakes all the time. I wonder if it is picking up spurious reflections off the road, from weather conditions, or any other source of reflection.
Must say though, that the vast majority of cars these days seem to have the radar in the same spot as the MG

It has mainly been on cars that were produced right about the time when they first began installing radars that had the radar in the grille, usually under the logo. (Which was sometimes replaced with a plastic plate with the logo to make the radar able to "shoot" through it)

Must say though, that the vast majority of cars these days seem to have the radar in the same spot as the MG

It has mainly been on cars that were produced right about the time when they first began installing radars that had the radar in the grille, usually under the logo. (Which was sometimes replaced with a plastic plate with the logo to make the radar able to "shoot" through it)
Radar was actually behind the Toyota badge on the Prius, part of the badge mounting.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom