ACC going off suddenly.

Chrisd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone else an episode when the ACC (and associated systems) suddenly stopped working ( I can't remember the exact warning) mid journey then coma back on a hour or so later? It's happened occasionally when starting the car I've just restarted and its been fine, but this is the first whilst driving.

Many of the systems are tied into the infotainment,

If you reset that, the car will panic.

I did this once, while driving and as soon as the radio screen turned blank, the car threw a gazillion warnings about systems being inoperable. Came back when the radio had rebooted

It has happened in my Kona when "ACC conditions not met". I think if the system gets garbled data from the radar and/or cameras it deactivates and defers control to the driver.

The confusion probably stems from the fact that some cars have used the term ECC (Electronic Climate Control).

I once owned a vauxhall Zafira, and the climate control was called ECC, because it was "electronically controlled", and the temperature and whatnot was electronically displayed.

Nowadays this term has become a bit redundant because "all" new cars with climate control has this feature.

Last edited:
The confusion probably stems from the fact that some cars have used the term ECC (Electronic Climate Control).

I once owned a vauxhall Zafira, and the climate control was called ECC, because it was "electronically controlled", and the temperature and whatnot was electronically displayed.

Nowadays this term has become a bit redundant because "all" new cars with climate control has this feature.
It can also stem from the fact that ACC also use to mean "Automatic Climate Control"

Many of the systems are tied into the infotainment,

If you reset that, the car will panic.

I did this once, while driving and as soon as the radio screen turned blank, the car threw a gazillion warnings about systems being inoperable. Came back when the radio had rebooted
My remote garage door opener will often cause the radio to turn off- on the way home, not on the way out!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom