ACC System Unavailable

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey

I have done a few charges now on AC and DC. When I first start the car after each the message “ACC System Unavailable” pops up then goes away and everything works as normal.

I have the MG5 Trophy LR.

Anyone else seeing this?

Many thanks

If you have left ACC switched on, then it is not available when starting the car. Try switching it off before starting to see if that makes a difference

I have ACC almost permanently "on" and have never seen this message. (Pre-facelift version.)

I have, so far, except for one occasion, never needed to use anything other than my Home Charger.

Me too emmrecs, though it could be I've not noticed it rather than it not appearing.

But why would one need ACC during the start up phase? It doesn't surprise me that not everything is available till start up is finished.

I just went for a quick drive ti the shops and I can confirm I had ACC turned in and I did not get the message.

I will try and next charge but I think the message is linked to when I have been charging.

Either way I will contact the dealer to at least get it logged :)

What is there to report to the dealers? Don't you get similar messages on your phone, or your computer? I know I do on Home Assistant. I suppose you can say you had this message which didn't actually cause any problem, but now understand it, know what causes it and how to cure it, but I'm not sure they'd do much about that.

Slightly relevant but not of much interest really - it's sometimes a matter of keeping users occupied while not much is happening. Back in the old days when I programmed for a living (I mean the 80s, in COBOL) gathering and sorting large data for display took ages, So what we used to do was to display the first screenful of records very quickly by some magic, but if you pressed next it would still take ages. The alternative was to give the user just a blank screen to look at for even longer while waiting for their data.

What is there to report to the dealers? Don't you get similar messages on your phone, or your computer? I know I do on Home Assistant. I suppose you can say you had this message which didn't actually cause any problem, but now understand it, know what causes it and how to cure it, but I'm not sure they'd do much about that.

Slightly relevant but not of much interest really - it's sometimes a matter of keeping users occupied while not much is happening. Back in the old days when I programmed for a living (I mean the 80s, in COBOL) gathering and sorting large data for display took ages, So what we used to do was to display the first screenful of records very quickly by some magic, but if you pressed next it would still take ages. The alternative was to give the user just a blank screen to look at for even longer while waiting for their data.
Well it’s more reporting the car is behaving strangely. Why is there a warning message appearing only after charging? As it is a brand new vehicle I would like to make sure it is working as intended and does not have a fault which could grow over time. I have checked with the only other person I know who has the same model and he does not see this behaviour.

If I did get a warning on my phone saying a feature was not available I would also report this to understand what is happening :)

I'm from that club too, COBOL, CICS etc. etc. :)

Just a quick update. Sadly the issue has gotten worse. Twice today while driving the ACC system unavailable message came on and also the crash detection and braking system reported themselves unavailable. Only way to clear them was restarting the info system.

Have you checked the sensor is clear in the front? Had a bloody leaf stuck to mine last week triggered emergency collision avoidance and cost me a decent pair of pants.

Have you checked the sensor is clear in the front? Had a bloody leaf stuck to mine last week triggered emergency collision avoidance and cost me a decent pair of pants.
Lol sounds like fun.
I did have a quick look and it looked clear but hard to tell in the dark. I was double check again tomorrow.

Does sound like a radar/camera problem, if it can't 'see' all those systems use it..

Does sound like a radar/camera problem, if it can't 'see' all those systems use it..
I may be being a little over sensitive as it is new. To be fair the blackwell tunnel does get a lot of condensation in the rainy weather so may be affect the camera. That said I also have an issue with the rear passenger door child lock not switching off so need to take it in for that anyway. The other door I can turn the child lock off no with no issues.

I had the warning for this a few days ago, whilst driving in the snotty weather on the motorway and assumed it was a weather issue.

It hasn't come up again since. My Polo would bring this alarm up with the slightest bit of spray...

I had the warning for this a few days ago, whilst driving in the snotty weather on the motorway and assumed it was a weather issue.

It hasn't come up again since. My Polo would bring this alarm up with the slightest bit of spray...
Yeah I am thinking this was the case but the car is going in for another issue anyway so they are double checking :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom