Accelerator pedal percentage on OBD Scanner

mikedoubleu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi everyone. I’m hoping that someone might be able to help or give me some guidance.

I’ll try to keep this story brief and get to the point.

My wife purchased an MG ZS EV last Friday, and we went to pick it up from the dealer this Friday. A day of excitement turned in to horror unfortunately.

On the test drive. We had no problems with the car. Handbrake disengaged, car started to creep forward, everything drove normally.

As she tried to pull forward this time, the car didn’t move. She does not remember exactly the sequence of events, but she IS confident that she took her foot off the brake pedal and nothing happened. She then pressed the accelerator “a little” and nothing happened. She then tried to dab the accelerafor again and the car shot across the parking lot at full power. I had parked directly opposite her new car (thank goodness) and so the only two vehicles involved were ours. No serious injuries, just shock and confusion.

Now, I know what the majority will think. She pressed the wrong pedal. It can be the only explanation right? However, She has been driving two big ICE automatics for the last 3-4 years and so Im second guessing.

We’ve been back to the dealership today and I’ve put my Autel Maxi AP200 scanner on the car just out of interest. And here is what’s interesting. There are no reported fault codes, but some of the Live Data readings are odd…

Engine RPM =16383
Vehicle speed Sensor = 255kmh
Ambient temperature = 218 degrees celsius
Battery voltage = 11.86 (fluctuates as expected )
Relative accelerator pedal position = 100%

At this point, I have only been able to try this on the crashed car, and so I’m hoping and praying that somebody might be able to help me out, please please please…

If you have an MG ZS EV, and any OBD scanner, would it be possible for you to check the live data reading for your car and take a screenshot?

I’m super interested to know if the live data reads sane values when the car is both off, and in ready mode.

If one person can prove that their throttle position live data shows a real value at any point, that would give me a strong case to ask the insurance for further investigation in to the incident

However, if it always reads 100% for everyone then I can delete the video and move on with my life.

Thanks so much for reading the above

Mike

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Maybe there is someone in Nottingham on this forum who could assist.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom