Access to Fuses.

MikeN

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The driver‘s seat adjuster on my Gen 2 ZSEV Trophy has failed. Having ascertained from the online manual that the fuse in question is in the passenger compartment, I set about accessing it.
What a faff!, it is situated under the dash behind the glove box. The cover is held on by two Philips screws at the top, one slotted plastic screw at the bottom left, and a plain stud bottom right which broke when I tried to prise it off.
So, working upside down with a head torch I tried to pull the cover to one side. The manual said the fuse was position F13, 30 amp.
No it’s not, the manual says there are four 30 amp fuses, in fact there are three, and none in the position stated on the diagram.
i suspect that the diagram in the manual may be for a Gen 1, which does not differentiate. I don’t want to make a 25 mile round trip to the dealer to sort at God knows what cost.
Any ideas anyone?
Finally, are these fuses generic or special to MG.

Attachments

• F2B3F412-35C3-4375-9890-8529D2A59F9F.jpeg
    F2B3F412-35C3-4375-9890-8529D2A59F9F.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 142
  • D61925FA-D31A-42DB-9031-38045D01BC65.jpeg
    D61925FA-D31A-42DB-9031-38045D01BC65.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 150
The Mk.I ZS EV manual had irrelevant elements via copy and paste from the petrol ZS, so this really is a continuation of that sloppiness?

Not sure where you got the diagrams from.. I used the 30amp as a piggy back fuse to hardwire a garmin. have just hardwired a garmin into 2022 zs ev trophy. Really easy. Fusebox is behind glove compartment. Took out glove box. Just two plastic "screws" inside glove box...90degree turn and they pop out. Also remove two screws underneath and cover drops down which gives access to fuse box...I used piggyback fuses and for perm live I used seat adjust fuse 13 and fuse 15 front power socket for ignition live. I just removed the two screws and bent down the cover. I did not need to remove stud at the back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420-193433_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420-193433_Drive.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20230424-073709_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230424-073709_Drive.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 137
Thanks REDLeader. These two screenshots are from the MG website. I clicked on the MGZS EV link and this is what it showed. Maybe this I’d the Gen 1 configuration? They do not differentiate.
As regards the cover “to late was the cry”!

The Mk.I ZS EV manual had irrelevant elements via copy and paste from the petrol ZS, so this really is a continuation of that sloppiness?
Sounds like it Zoomy😡.

Not sure where you got the diagrams from.. I used the 30amp as a piggy back fuse to hardwire a garmin. have just hardwired a garmin into 2022 zs ev trophy. Really easy. Fusebox is behind glove compartment. Took out glove box. Just two plastic "screws" inside glove box...90degree turn and they pop out. Also remove two screws underneath and cover drops down which gives access to fuse box...I used piggyback fuses and for perm live I used seat adjust fuse 13 and fuse 15 front power socket for ignition live. I just removed the two screws and bent down the cover. I did not need to remove stud at the back.
Will this give constant power to cam or only when car is on?

The garmin mini 2 has a parking mode. So full recording when ignition on and when ignition is off if car is jolted it saves video 15 secs before jolt and also after event. So the garmin hardwire kit has 3 wires ground, ignition live and perm live to wire up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom