Affinity scheme ending

What is the Affinity scheme exactly? Thanks :)
'MG's way of rewarding NHS / Teachers / public sector workers for their efforts during the pandemic.'

Basically, a fixed discount, a choice of colour without extra charge, and a free type 2 cable. Don't expect much in terms of discount or freebies on top of the affinity deal though as there's not a lot of wiggle room left for the dealer.

To qualify, you (or at some dealers, one of your close family) needs to be either working in the public sector or a public sector pensioner.

Rumour has it that the definition of 'close family' is occasionally open to interpretation.

'MG's way of rewarding NHS / Teachers / public sector workers for their efforts during the pandemic.'

Basically, a fixed discount, a choice of colour without extra charge, and a free type 2 cable. Don't expect much in terms of discount or freebies on top of the affinity deal though as there's not a lot of wiggle room left for the dealer.

To qualify, you (or at some dealers, one of your close family) needs to be either working in the public sector or a public sector pensioner.

Rumour has it that the definition of 'close family' is occasionally open to interpretation.
In addition, people in Scotland are also eligible if purchasing through the government's Energy Saving Trust 0% Transport loan.

I’ve always felt that such schemes penalise people who aren’t on them. I totally agree that the professions named have done a brilliant job - BUT many other people have lost jobs and those people are the ones who pay the taxes that fund the government jobs. How many government jobs have been lost during the pandemic - not many. The vast majority have come from the private sector. I’m sorry, but it’s how I feel and I’ll probably get some flack for expressing this opinion. 😕

FYI, I went into local dealership today (to look at the 5 and whether to swap to it).
He said the affinity scheme had just been renewed for another 3months.
Was also told that the prices of all the models is going up in January.

So it looks like need to order by the end of the year to get the great affinity price.
These are the prices he gave me, for the MG 5 Exclusive SR £22,761 & LR £24,868.

BTW He expects the new ZS to be available on affinity scheme but until they're given details from MG who knows for sure.

Last edited:
FYI, I went into local dealership today (to look at the 5 and whether to swap to it).
He said the affinity scheme had just been renewed for another 3months.
Was also told that the prices of all the models is going up in January.

So it looks like need to order by the end of the year to get the great affinity price.
These are the prices he gave me, for the MG 5 Exclusive SR £22,761 & LR £24,868.

BTW He expects the new ZS to be available on affinity scheme but until they're given details from MG who knows for sure.
Good info, thank you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom