Affinity Scheme

MacG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Can anyone tell me what I should expect with the Affinity Scheme? I have ordered a Trophy SR in Black from GH MG MK.
Got a really nice salesman. However, I was told I am eligible for the Affinity discount by a friend. I called up and asked about it. The salesman seems very unsure about it and said it isn’t worth a lot and may be more expensive than my ‘deal’.
Question is: Should this discount be in addition to any dealer prices I may already have? How much should I expect off as apparently it ‘keep’s changing’? Also, any other pertinent info would be very helpful.
Sort for the rambling question.

Hi, the salesman should know what deal is on the Affinity Scheme.
You won't get any other deal but you do get a free Type2 cable and any paint colour free.
Try another dealer 😐

Worth a read & has links:
There are also a couple of other threads that may help.

Can anyone tell me what I should expect with the Affinity Scheme? I have ordered a Trophy SR in Black from GH MG MK.
Got a really nice salesman. However, I was told I am eligible for the Affinity discount by a friend. I called up and asked about it. The salesman seems very unsure about it and said it isn’t worth a lot and may be more expensive than my ‘deal’.
Question is: Should this discount be in addition to any dealer prices I may already have? How much should I expect off as apparently it ‘keep’s changing’? Also, any other pertinent info would be very helpful.
Sort for the rambling question.
If you get the affinity scheme discount I don't think you will get any other "dealer discounts". The order system is separate from the normal order book so your original order would be cancelled and the dealer will raise a fresh "Affinity Scheme" order.
Your dealer may be reluctant because the their margin structure is not as good as it is on the general scheme.
When I ordered my ZS LR Trophy in December the affinity scheme was not available on that model. It was included in the scheme in January and I got accepted on to the scheme in early March, so I have dropped quite a long way down the queue. For me the available discount was worth the extra wait, but I know that since March the Affinity discount has been scaled back. However your dealer should definitely be able to give you the information and let you make up your own mind. My guess would be £1000 to £1200 now.

It was just under £1,200, but if you’re buying with PCP the lower interest rate deal and £1,500 contribution from MG meant that was more financially beneficial than buying with just the affinity discount and then the usual PCP rate.

It was just under £1,200, but if you’re buying with PCP the lower interest rate deal and £1,500 contribution from MG meant that was more financially beneficial than buying with just the affinity discount and then the usual PCP rate.
If you ordered before the grant change (so november or december) then it is marginally more expensive (more than the cost of the type 2 cable you get free and pain choice) to go with affinity, especially now that you have an interest rate change.

If you ordered before the grant change (so november or december) then it is marginally more expensive (more than the cost of the type 2 cable you get free and pain choice) to go with affinity, especially now that you have an interest rate change.
I ordered mine at the start of April. Missed out on the grants and then the affinity deal reduced significantly on April 1st by a couple of grand. Always late to the party! ☹️

I ordered mine at the start of April. Missed out on the grants and then the affinity deal reduced significantly on April 1st by a couple of grand. Always late to the party! ☹️
Wow ….. I knew that the grants had been reduced on the 1st of April, but I did not know about the reduction in the Infinity scheme.
Are you sure ?.
My son ordered a HS PHEV mid April and he received the Infinity discount ???.
Or I am getting mixed up somewhere !.

Last edited:
Wow ….. I knew that the grants had been reduced, but I did not know about the reduction in the Infinity scheme !.
Is it significant ??????.
Yes, I think if I remember correctly, it was around £3,000 or nearer £4,000 affinity discount prior to the end of March. He showed me on the spreadsheet what it was two days earlier and there was a good few grand difference. My partner even said can’t you backdate the order form two days 😂. I was only slightly annoyed I hadn’t gone in and ordered the weekend before as planned.

Wow ….. I knew that the grants had been reduced on the 1st of April, but I did not know about the reduction in the Infinity scheme.
Are you sure ?.
My son ordered a HS PHEV mid April and he received the Infinity discount ???.
Or I am getting mixed up somewhere !.
The affinity scheme does appear to have been reduced :( still there, so hasn't gone away, but it isn't lucrative like it was, you could get about £3200 off the price of a Trophy LR ZS EV back when I last looked in March

The affinity scheme does appear to have been reduced :( still there, so hasn't gone away, but it isn't lucrative like it was, you could get about £3200 off the price of a Trophy LR ZS EV back when I last looked in March
Thanks !.
Maybe it is different amounts discounts for different models then ?.
Rather than an across the board percentage across ALL models.
Let’s be fair, the face lift ZS EV is in enough demand now, without offering massive discounts going forward ?.

Yes, I think if I remember correctly, it was around £3,000 or nearer £4,000 affinity discount prior to the end of March. He showed me on the spreadsheet what it was two days earlier and there was a good few grand difference. My partner even said can’t you backdate the order form two days 😂. I was only slightly annoyed I hadn’t gone in and ordered the weekend before as planned.
That is a real shame !.
A bit of a “This is what you could have won” type moment.
I think at the time when my son placed his order for the HS PHEV he still managed to get the full discount about the second week in April.
Not the same demand for the PHEV’s I guess.
ZS EV face lift is another story altogether !.

Thanks !.
Maybe it is different amounts discounts for different models then ?.
Rather than an across the board percentage across ALL models.
Let’s be fair, the face lift ZS EV is in enough demand now, without offering massive discounts going forward ?.
It is 100% different across the different models... The ZS EV for example wasn't actually put on the Affinity scheme until about February time IIRC, it certainly wasn't applicable when I ordered in November... which seems like a distant memory now :ROFLMAO: Still waiting for my ZS though.

If you get the affinity scheme discount I don't think you will get any other "dealer discounts". The order system is separate from the normal order book so your original order would be cancelled and the dealer will raise a fresh "Affinity Scheme" order.
Your dealer may be reluctant because the their margin structure is not as good as it is on the general scheme.
When I ordered my ZS LR Trophy in December the affinity scheme was not available on that model. It was included in the scheme in January and I got accepted on to the scheme in early March, so I have dropped quite a long way down the queue. For me the available discount was worth the extra wait, but I know that since March the Affinity discount has been scaled back. However your dealer should definitely be able to give you the information and let you make up your own mind. My guess would be £1000 to £1200 now.
Hi Jaykew
How much affinity discount did you get?
Were you allowed to keep the PIGG of £2500?

Hi Jaykew
you get the PICG if you order on Affinity or not, thats a government thing not an MG thing, what you don't get is any MG deposit contribution which was (not sure if it still is) £1500.

Hi Jaykew
The PICG was withdrawn from ZS LR EV in December.
Affinity scheme list prices (now also withdrawn) in 2022 Quarter 1 were:

ZS LR EV SE £26,971 Trophy £29,771 Connect ££30,214

I wanted to upgrade my EV5 to the long range model is the affinity scheme still available on these? is it worth trading up🤔

I wanted to upgrade my EV5 to the long range model is the affinity scheme still available on these? is it worth trading up🤔
They’re not taking orders for the 5 was my understanding as they’re waiting to open the books for the facelift model at the end of the year. Any affinity scheme would likely be released at the same time for the new model. The discount for the ZS had reduced to about a third of the previous discount, so I wouldn’t expect it to be a significant saving.

Hi all. I ordered my LR Trophy on the Affinity scheme at the end of March and got a really good discount, about £3.5k I think. The APR on the PCP deal was 1% more than with the other deal I was offered which I thought was a bit strange though, but overall it's definitely worth it. Is there a web page or brochure that lists the benefits of the Affinity scheme please? I'd like to see something about the free type 2 cable in case my car doesn't come with one (when it eventually arrives).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom