After sales experiences

nande2000uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Anyone care to comment on MG Aftersales / warranty claim experience?
I was ringing round dealers this morning just to see if they have any new stock and one (who shall remain nameless) has cancelled their contract with MG due to lack of aftersales support. Given the whole debacle Over order delays it’s pushing me further towards cancelling my ZS ev order.

I picked up my ZS last Friday 9th September, on Tuesday the tyre pressure monitor reported different pressures every time I drove it and threw the error fault on the display Rear tyres one day front next. Phoned dealer on Wednesday, booked in for Friday, courtesy car offered but only work 1/4 mile away so walked to work. Dealer phoned at 3.00 to say all fixed. I smart app kept messaging me as they were working on it, bonnet open, door open, unlocked, locked.

All good when I picked the car up and no errors, dealer said if any other concerns just phone.
Shopping at Asda today, electric charger available so had a few free electrons while we shopped. all good on that front as well.

I picked up my ZS last Friday 9th September, on Tuesday the tyre pressure monitor reported different pressures every time I drove it and threw the error fault on the display Rear tyres one day front next. Phoned dealer on Wednesday, booked in for Friday, courtesy car offered but only work 1/4 mile away so walked to work. Dealer phoned at 3.00 to say all fixed. I smart app kept messaging me as they were working on it, bonnet open, door open, unlocked, locked.

All good when I picked the car up and no errors, dealer said if any other concerns just phone.
Shopping at Asda today, electric charger available so had a few free electrons while we shopped. all good on that front as well.
Early days then?

I was ringing round dealers this morning just to see if they have any new stock and one (who shall remain nameless) has cancelled their contract with MG due to lack of aftersales support. Given the whole debacle Over order delays it’s pushing me further towards cancelling my ZS ev order.
Notwithstanding my own experiences with MG Chorley, which was a disaster, that was the car order.
My experience with my dealer has been good, a couple of problems with the old car Mod1, but they were diagnosed, all be it, with my (and the forums) help. All fixed without even a hint of me having to pay anything didn't have to wait too long for the parts, but there was a wait. Always offered a courtesy car, usually a demonstrator, always an EV. I consider the services to be expensive for what they have to do.

Took MG5-ev in for 1st service today, very prompt service and only charged £34 + VAT. Also said that as I brought it back to them (Hendy MG) for servicing I get free breakdown recovery service for the year. Wow, with zero road tax and cheap servicing have already saved about £500+ compared to my old Jeep not to mention much less expensive fuel bills.

Took MG5-ev in for 1st service today, very prompt service and only charged £34 + VAT. Also said that as I brought it back to them (Hendy MG) for servicing I get free breakdown recovery service for the year. Wow, with zero road tax and cheap servicing have already saved about £500+ compared to my old Jeep not to mention much less expensive fuel bills.
To be fair if you'd taken it anywhere within the MG dealership network you would get the AA cover for the next 12months.

Good service price though 👍🏻

Did you get your free Morris the Bear?

I had good experiences with MG Chorley both sales and after sales. Awful service from Fraser of Falkirk and Arnold Clark in Glasgow.

I use Bulldog MG at Twyford for sales and service which cannot be faulted.
I had a MGZSEV Exclusive for 2 1/2 years and traded it in with them for a new MGZSEV Trophy in July this year. I am so impressed with both the MG vehicles I have owned and the dealer that I have arranged a test drive of the new MG4 for a colleague next week, who is considering an EV purchase shortly, and I look forward to accompanying him to view the newest MG.

After a deceitful experience from Cazoo saying and even printing off a simple service report, I am having the car serviced at my local MG dealer. I bought the car second hand as above and could not believe that Cazoo told me they services it and printed off the report when, their own website clearly states they don't service electric vehicles. My first service was done two months over the twelve but I've been told warranty will be honoured and of course I have the AA cover. Fingers crossed that the bit of creaking at the back end can be fixed at next service.

Truly awful service with MG Hyde. Nobody seems to know what they’re doing, told one thing by one person, something completely different the next. Truly incompetent dealership wanting me to pay for a courtesy car. Really don’t care once a vehicle has been sold to you..

I've had my zs ev since March. It's been in a couple of times and is due in again this Wednesday. For service light warning, incorrect date notification on start up, radio going of and sound going of when brake pedal pressed.
To be fair the agent in Ellsmere port have always given me a courtesy car not an ev but its wheels.
I'll see if the next visit rectifies the faults. I'm not holding my breath.
But unless you report it whilst it's under warranty they carn't deny it's not been an ongoing fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom