After Sales Support/Issues

GranTurismoEra

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Having read the other sub sections on the site. I have some concerns. What do you think it will be like? Do you think they support will be better due to the cost or type of car. Will it be a more personalised service. I did spot a troublesome boot and non responding doors on the prototype. There will be issues, but Im wondering how quickly and smoothly dealers will deal with issues.

This is a big risk of a mass manufacturer of reasonably mundane, family cars branching into sports cars (on what sounds like a small scale) - the service will be no better than that for a MG3.
Hopefully they hit the nail on the head for reliability!

I think the service will both be more personal than the mass market cars (because MG want this as a good reputation halo car) AND worse because dealers will have very limited experience working with Cybersters and parts availability will be poor due to the low numbers.

However, that is nothing new with low volume sports cars, so I don't see it as a barrier. Owners typically cherish their cars and are tolerant and with it being an EV on an existing platform then reliability should be good.

I'd be interested to see long term reviews and how dealerships deal with customers

No ones mentioned the doors and being able to release them in event of the car on its roof. I've seen a crashed sls amg in Nigeria where they had to rip the door off its hinges to get the driver out. I wonder if the production version will allow the door to open normally.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom