Wendycar127

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good Morning, It's not very often I use Air Con - I live in Scotland. The weather has been smashing lately so I have had it on a few times however I've noticed that if I turn the fan down it switches off but if I keep it running to a maximum blast it stays on. My question is, is this normal that turning the fan down results in the air con switching off? Thanks in advance.

I have not experienced this sorry. I have been using the air con and found it to work on any fan setting.

Just to clarify, are we talking ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) or ( Gen 2 ) facelift model here ?.
Gen 1 is a manual A/C system, but the Gen 2 has a climate control system.
Both HVAC systems should work at any fan speed regardless.
Do you have the three / four fan blower speeds available at the control, or just one single max fan speed and none of the lower powered fan speeds ??.
A single speed high powered max fan speed only could indicate a common fault of a faulty speed resistor pack.
P.S. - Don’t forget the cooling efficiency of the HVAC system will be reduced if you are driving in ECO mode.

Also, if the condense pipe clogs or freezes the condenser freezes and that can cause the aircon to trip or stop working. That is not peculiar to MG but can apply to all cars.

Something is seriously wrong if the condenser freezes :ROFLMAO:

Good Morning, It's not very often I use Air Con - I live in Scotland. The weather has been smashing lately so I have had it on a few times however I've noticed that if I turn the fan down it switches off but if I keep it running to a maximum blast it stays on. My question is, is this normal that turning the fan down results in the air con switching off? Thanks in advance.
It usually works on any fan setting .

Hi, That's what I thought however it cuts out every time. I phoned the garage and now I have to book it in for them to check (air con dependant on issue may not be covered in warranty) then if it needs a part once the part is in stock take it back to get it fitted. The garage isn't that local, I work full time and this is part of my issue. The local garage who I have used for a long time and took it to for an MOT told me I had bought a car that was a pain in the arse as all part have to come from MG and it takes ages for them to arrive. I'm beginning to see this could be an issue long term.

Hi, That's what I thought however it cuts out every time. I phoned the garage and now I have to book it in for them to check (air con dependant on issue may not be covered in warranty) then if it needs a part once the part is in stock take it back to get it fitted. The garage isn't that local, I work full time and this is part of my issue. The local garage who I have used for a long time and took it to for an MOT told me I had bought a car that was a pain in the arse as all part have to come from MG and it takes ages for them to arrive. I'm beginning to see this could be an issue long term.
When you say “It cuts out every time”.
Do you mean the whole HVAC system shuts down completely ?.
Or are you referring to the blower fan speeds here ?.
Do you have ALL four fan speeds working or maybe just one speed, which is the highest but no lower fan speeds ???.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom