Airbag warning in MG iSMART app

Kim82

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV

Hi all

I’ve just bound my new MG ZS EV Trophy to the iSMART app and it’s giving me an airbag warning but the airbag warning light isn’t showing on the display. Has anyone encountered this?

Hi all

I’ve just bound my new MG ZS EV Trophy to the iSMART app and it’s giving me an airbag warning but the airbag warning light isn’t showing on the display. Has anyone encountered this?
I’ve just bought the MG ZS EV Trophy and have encountered the same issue. I did have a warning triangle appear on the dash, but I was low on battery and assumed it was that. However, when I checked the app, I noticed this warning. I only Stumbled across it though, so not sure what to make of it. There is no warning on the dash since I charged.

Had the same yesterday on our April built/July collected, along with ACC disabled…
CB222FAE-1A59-4501-BD36-3E46C355599A.png

I got exactly the same app messages (along with texts and emails about the airbag) on Friday as the screenshot above. This was in my UK MG ZS EV SE Long Range which was delivered last Monday.

The battery was at around 10%, I seem to recall a red information box appearing momentarily on the dashboard screen (not the infotainment screen) saying something about the airbag. All seemed fine afterwards! The only remaining warning being a yellow warning triangle on the dash which I think was for the low range/charge, as once charged that disappeared.

Maybe a software/sensor bug/issue triggered by low battery perhaps?

@scoobeesnac what is ACC and why was that disabled?

Screenshot_20220731-105213_MG iSMART.jpg

Last edited:
I got exactly the same app messages (along with texts and emails about the airbag) on Friday as the screenshot above. This was in my UK MG ZS EV SE Long Range which was delivered last Monday.

The battery was at around 10%, I seem to recall a red information box appearing momentarily on the dashboard screen (not the infotainment screen) saying something about the airbag. All seemed fine afterwards! The only remaining warning being a yellow warning triangle on the dash which I think was for the low range/charge, as once charged that disappeared.

Maybe a software/sensor bug/issue triggered by low battery perhaps?

@scoobeesnac what is ACC and why was that disabled?

View attachment 9992
I was driving at the time with cruise control (ACC) and a few messages flashed up about being disabled, but then 5s later all was well. No low battery as we were on 75% or thereabouts.

Hi all

Yes. Just bound my MG ZS Essence EV to the iSmart app and have the same situation - airbag warning on the ap but not the display. Have messaged MG about it but no reply as yet. Ken43

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom