Alarm functionality

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Many of my previous cars have had alarms, but reading the Alarm section in the manual it seems the MG system lacks some, of what I would call important options. No mention of any way of locking the car without the alarm being fully activated like when maybe it is being lifted by a breakdown truck or towed. No mention of an interior pressure change setting off the alarm, like when some scroat smashes a side window.
As I mentioned in other posts I use a fan heater to warm up the car, defrost or de-snow, in my previous cars I could put most in transport mode (That's what I called it) so the doors and tailgate would be locked but activate the alarm if a door was opened without the alarm being turned off by the key fob. I guess the alarm was also activated by the heater changing the interior pressure, as if I did not put the car in my transport mode the alarm would go off about 1~2 minutes after a full alarm set.
Seems it's all or nothing. Maybe I have not yet found the right button or setting.

Hi
use the engine just few minutes until warm will defrost in no time, if sitting on the driven will not use a lot of gold petrol, now the better weather is coming using more EV. Did you get the wall box installe.

Hi Jto.
Yip, I doubt I will not need to worry about this until next winter, but I do not want to run the engine on the drive without me in it or it being locked. I do not know yet if you can have the engine running and the car locked at the same time, I have a lot to learn.
My Zappi is up and running (Making full use of the current grant), I've only done one charge so far, Tried to set up an economy 7 late night charge on the phone app. Set it as scheduled for 4 hours from 00.01 for a 4 hour duration then went to bed. Woke up at 02.30ish and checked the app, not charging :unsure: . Set it to manual and it charged up okay, I have yet to find out if the Zappi stops charging if the battery is full before the scheduled end time. I presume it is far more intelligent than I am so it will stop when full. :)
I will contact MyEnergi to find out why it did not start at the time I set. I probably had something set wrong somewhere.
I have not gone to Octopus Go at the moment as with my small usage my Octopus economy 7 and gas tariff work out cheaper than changing to Go and a new gas tariff. I will review it when I get more info on future tariffs.

PS. I am also trying to help the Mrs' out with setting up her new Kona MH and what does what and how it does it.
Great fun.......... :unsure:

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom