Alarm

Lock the car. That turns it in. Unlock the car to turn it off :)

Great for leaving the dog in the car tho weather permitting, have never understood the need for internal sensors.
A “dog mode” for the aircon would be good, same as Tesla provide in their EVs.

Just the ability to set the aircon and have it on for more than 10mins, with a simple message on the 10.1” screen to indicated the internal conditions.

Silly question from me - does this mean you don't need to disable anything when going on a ferry?

so someone can just smash a window and get all the goodies inside? or is that a different sensor?
They would have to climb or lean through the window though.
The car double locks when you lock it, meaning you cant open the door with the inside handle unless the key is present.
My Prius had double locking that had to be initiated by a touching the door handle twice or pressing the lock button on the fob twice, internal sensors that could be disabled and laminated front side windows that weren't as easy to break because they didn't shatter.

When we used to go on holiday to the South of France we parked in some out of the way places. We were warned about the thieves who prowled the picnic spots etc, and left the glove box empty, and open, the rear shelf off exposing the (empty) boot, and nothing on show in the car. It sent the clear message, "we know what you're up to, and we've taken everything with us!". Worked well, never had a problem over the four years we did it.

When we used to go on holiday to the South of France we parked in some out of the way places. We were warned about the thieves who prowled the picnic spots etc, and left the glove box empty, and open, the rear shelf off exposing the (empty) boot, and nothing on show in the car. It sent the clear message, "we know what you're up to, and we've taken everything with us!". Worked well, never had a problem over the four years we did it.
Good advice !.
A relative on holiday hired a car for the car and went to a remote beach 🏖.
She returned to get her beach towel that she had left on the back seat.
When she returned to the car ( after about 10 mins ) the side window of the hire car had been smashed and the towel taken.
They must have been watching the cars arrive and targeted them straight away !.
It was a pain in the arse sorting out the insurance !.

I recall on a previous car having an emergency facility on the key fob so you could set the alarm off. Particularly handy for a women who felt at risk or to raise general alarm. I wonder if MG could come up with an update that would allow this with for example a certain number of presses of the lock button?

I recall on a previous car having an emergency facility on the key fob so you could set the alarm off. Particularly handy for a women who felt at risk or to raise general alarm. I wonder if MG could come up with an update that would allow this with for example a certain number of presses of the lock button?
Nearly all cars in the USA have this facility, it is called a panic 😱 button.
Sounds the horn in short blasts and some flash the head lights as well.
A lot of people use this facility to find their cars in large outside car parks !.
On the ZS EV if your car is already locked and you hold down the lock button, it will sound the horn also in a short blast fashion.
You have to be in range of the car with your key of course.

Nearly all cars in the USA have this facility, it is called a panic 😱 button.
Sounds the horn in short blasts and some flash the head lights as well.
A lot of people use this facility to find their cars in large outside car parks !.
On the ZS EV if your car is already locked and you hold down the lock button, it will sound the horn also in a short blast fashion.
You have to be in range of the car with your key of course.
I have the 5 SR 2021 just tried it inside and outside and second push of the lock button when car locked just repeats the three flashes and locking process.

I haven’t thought about this such a long as my previous cars have not only had internal movement but tilt and lift sensors as well. Thank god the tyres and wheels on my car aren’t high end they would have already gone if the local fraternity realised there was no alarms.
I will start backing into my drive as I assume you could nick the batteries without an alarm going off.
Car left empty and parcel shelf rolled back every night as well. Thank goodness for cable lock!
New security camera needed now as well!

I have the 5 SR 2021 just tried it inside and outside and second push of the lock button when car locked just repeats the three flashes and locking process.
Did you try push and hold works with most cars?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom