Aldi chargers problem ?

Adi6phil

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with a charger at a newly built Aldi .it is a 22kw New motion charger.this problem has been going on for weeks now .as soon as i lock the car it stops charging and if i dont lock the car it stops charging after approx 30 seconds .the reviews on this charger are good from Kia,Nissan ,tesla and others ,but i gather forum member SCB86 is also having a problem which makes me wonder if the ZS is incompatible with these chargers . Is anyone else having problems with these Aldi chargers or any 22kw chargers for that matter ?

I have used the Newmotion chargers at the new Aldi in Southend. They start to charge on mine by the time I get back in the drivers seat to record the % charge and Miles. They work fine with car locked or unlocked.

Only allowed to be in car park for 90 mins or you get a penalty notice from the spy car park monitoring company. (Camera takes your photo in and out of car park)

Mg ZSEV exclusive.

Forgot to say I plug my type 2 cable into car then other end into charger and it starts automatically.
If your car charges unlocked it has a newer bms update than mine , i wonder if this makes a difference .

I picked my car up on 23 December and it had the faulty BMS update. I could charge unlocked then ok. Had the new BMS update done on 1st Feb.

You need to check that dealer also updates the EVCC module to enable charging when unlocked (EV charger controller)

My screenshot of my EVCC and BMS versions are attached for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-234511_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-234511_Gallery.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 132
Does not seem to have latest BMS which was redesigned by MG to protect the battery performance, so it is worthwhile having the latest updated BMS 0210622EU1.

1230621A01 was 10/1/2021
0210622EU1 was 2/2021

Both allow 449/450v at full charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-14-16-36-10-227_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-14-16-36-10-227_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Like to know what the difference between them as only had the Jan BMS release installed on 1st Feb. Not sure what the EU1 gives.

My car is back to full range. 449v. Balances in 2 hours.

Like to know what the difference between them as only had the Jan BMS release installed on 1st Feb. Not sure what the EU1 gives.

My car is back to full range. 449v. Balances in 2 hours.
I understand the latest BMS EU1 update has the following effect.

'The new maximum voltage will be around 449/450V (assuming no loads on like climate etc). The minimum voltages have been adjusted to keep the range equal. This may also allow the car to have better regeneration from 100% charge.'
Comment from Miles Roberts (Chorley - recommended dealer) 11/2/21.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom