Aldi Roof Bars / Box

Neil Fellows

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I'll be (hopefully) picking up my MG5 in a couple of weeks and wanted to see if anyone has used the Aldi roof bars / box with theirs? I'm fully aware of the 35kg limit but we'll be using this for some bulky / light camping stuff like sleeping bags.

Or, does anyone have an experience of other, cost effective roof bar / boxes please?

I bought some 120cm ones off Amazon - 120cm is a nice length of or the MG5, (none left now) because my local LIDL didn't get any. When I received them, I went in ALDI, and they now had their version in. From the what I can see they're all identical, and I'm really please with mine.

I bought some 120cm ones off Amazon - 120cm is a nice length of or the MG5, (none left now) because my local LIDL didn't get any. When I received them, I went in ALDI, and they now had their version in. From the what I can see they're all identical, and I'm really please with mine.
Thanks for the info and confirming the 120cm size is suitable - that was my next question!

Frustratingly since posting this question both the box and bars are now out of stock, and couldn't find any in store either. Do you have a link to the Amazon bars please?

Yes I ordered the Aldi bars but ended up returning them.

They were a pain to adjust as you couldn't see the bolt to fit the allen key.

I've now got some 140cm Summit ones from Amazon which are much better. I can find the link if needed

Yes I ordered the Aldi bars but ended up returning them.

They were a pain to adjust as you couldn't see the bolt to fit the allen key.

I've now got some 140cm Summit ones from Amazon which are much better. I can find the link if needed
Thank you, thats good to know. I'm awaiting delivery of my 5 in the next couple of weeks so will probably wait just to certain on the size of bar I need. I've read elsewhere on this forum that 120cm was perfect but not sure now!

Thank you, thats good to know. I'm awaiting delivery of my 5 in the next couple of weeks so will probably wait just to certain on the size of bar I need. I've read elsewhere on this forum that 120cm was perfect but not sure now!
120cm is fine - I have the Thule Wingbar Evos which are 118cm.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom