Alerted to a triple alert!

SteveRW

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Got pinged with a quick succession of alerts today. Yellow symbol on dash and then messages telling me that pedestrian alert was unavailable followed by forward collision unavailable and then ACC unavailable. Stayed on the dash for several minutes before eventually disappearing. Is this the camera being blocked temporarily by an autumn leaf or something which I should be worried about? All these detectors and sensors are reminding me of the Douglas Adam’s spaceship where the asteroid detector malfunctions because it’s hit by an asteroid.

Got pinged with a quick succession of alerts today. Yellow symbol on dash and then messages telling me that pedestrian alert was unavailable followed by forward collision unavailable and then ACC unavailable. Stayed on the dash for several minutes before eventually disappearing. Is this the camera being blocked temporarily by an autumn leaf or something which I should be worried about? All these detectors and sensors are reminding me of the Douglas Adam’s spaceship where the asteroid detector malfunctions because it’s hit by an asteroid.
I have had the same thing many times. Can be light reflections on camera, moisture etc. I have found after a while it can reset. Certainly the next time I've come to use the car it's been OK. Happens on other makes of car too apparently.
Either that or it's the Klingons disguised as Gremlins.

I get it when driving directly into the low sun on wet shiny roads, not just an MG thing my misses had 2 Yaris and they both did it when the winter sun was bright. It usually clears itself when you turn away from the sun. If it's condensation just turn he screen demist on for a couple of minutes to send some heat up to the camera housing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom