Almost ordering MG ZS EV... any discounts? What's the likely depreciation?

Mrmrsmilton

Novice Member
Reaction score
Are there any additional discounts people have managed to get or standard discounts plus a cable about the limit?

What are the general thoughts on likely depreciation of the ZSEV?

Are there any additional discounts people have managed to get or standard discounts plus a cable about the limit?

What are the general thoughts on likely depreciation of the ZSEV?

I managed to get a cancelled order at the original price of £24k for Pimlico Blue Exclusive, they begrudgingly included a charging cable when I threatened to walk if they didn't, but nothing else. This was last month, anything new/pre registered now seems to be at the current new price (with a few chancers actually asking several thousand more!). If you don't mind a nearly new ex demo with a couple of thousand miles, they seem to be popping up here and there. There's an ex demo Excite at £19950 somewhere, just forgotten where I saw it.

Last edited:
As for depreciation, this is a difficult one. It depends on general growth and availability in the EV market as well as the potential for a larger batteried facelifted ZS EV coming along in 2 years to make the current one seem older hat.

If the car proves to be reliable, I think you can probably extrapolate the future value from the percentage a used Leaf retains at a given age and mileage.

Thanks!

There are a few cancelled orders around but seem to be playing very hard ball.... no salesman constant calls or sweet talking.... take it or leave it attitude.

Its £25,040 and a £180 cable at the minute :)

MG are still advertising the car at it's fully discounted price which I find a tad annoying.

On their main website, dealers websites, and even just yesterday on Facebook they are advertising it from £22,495. Which is frustrating as after my test drive I was quoted prices significantly higher :( i pointed this out on their Facebook post asking what the price was, but no response as usual.

The excite is that price isn't it?
It's the exclusive were looking at, going to place an order today if the deal is right....

Not according to the dealer I went to (despite what their website says). Their pricing card lists the Excite as £24,995 and the Exclusive as £26,995 and stated that the MG contribution was now £2500.

The price list was valid from 1st October 2019. Yet the websites all say the lower prices are valid until March 2020 :unsure:

IMG_8857 (1).jpeg

Also, when I was being quoted for finance from this dealer they said the guaranteed future value was.....

£8000

I know that cars don't hold value, but this was still surprisingly low to me.

Dealers are also offering circa £2500 additional MG discount which it doesn't sound like you were told about

£25,040 is the base starting point for the exclusive .... £3.5k government plus £2.5k MG

Also, when I was being quoted for finance from this dealer they said the guaranteed future value was.....

£8000

Guys, ALL car dealers will set the GFV in their favour lower than what the car could be worth in a normal four years deal for two reasons, firstly they make more money (per month anyway) for example on a 4.9 % 48 month PCP for a base price of £21495 and a GFV of £8000 (with no deposit or part exchange) the monthly payments would be £342. Same base price but a £12000 GFV on the the same deal the monthly repayments would be £267. So if a dealer set it higher and you did not buy the car after the 48 months you will have paid less money and potentially the finance company (you are not really buying the car off the dealer but off a finance company) would be left with a car worth less than the amount left to pay, possibly. The GFV ((which is set by the finance companie(s) and not the dealer) is pretty pointless anyway if the punter bought the car at the end of the deal because the punter ends up paying more of less the same amount of money for the car anyway, for example the above deal final tally of car bought would be, GFV £8000 = 48x £342+£8000=£24416, GFV £12000 = 48x267+£12000=£24816. So it's all swings and roundabouts, no one really knows exactly how much a car is worth in four years but as a guideline expect to lose about 60-70% of the price from almost ALL cars. In summary it is NOT in the finance companies interest to set the GFV high but if the car is bought at the end its pretty pointless, in the the ideal world we would like a high GFV and don't buy the car, but not likely to happen. Finally for Scottish drivers (English drivers can't get it,sorry) you can get an INTEREST FREE loan of up to £35000 to buy an low emissions vehicle, see Energy Savings Trust for details. I bought my MG ZS EV Excite Model (would have ordered the Exclusive model but was not aware of the interest free loan at the time of paying my Deposit) with this loan (no deposit required) for £298.55 a month over 72 months.

£8000

Hi, Sorry if I am teaching you to sucks eggs but I see you live in Scotland so if you have not yet bought A EV you can apply for an interest free loan of up to £35000 to buy a low emission vehicle (can be a Hybrid or a fully electric car). The main criteria is you must NOT already own one and the car in question MUST be on the OLEV List to be eligible. See the Energy Savings Trust webpage for details

Hi, Sorry if I am teaching you to sucks eggs but I see you live in Scotland so if you have not yet bought A EV you can apply for an interest free loan of up to £35000 to buy a low emission vehicle (can be a Hybrid or a fully electric car). The main criteria is you must NOT already own one and the car in question MUST be on the OLEV List to be eligible. See the Energy Savings Trust webpage for details

Yes Indeed, don't worry - I like eggs. That was one good thing that came from my dealer visit, they pointed me towards the 0% Government loan which until then I hadn't heard anything about! The Energy Savings Trust are very informative and helpful when you call them, my application is in processing at the moment which can take a couple of weeks or more. it's a fantastic incentive. This combined with the £500 OLEV and further £300 from Energy Savings Trust for a home charger installation as WELL as the government and MG incentives off the car make this a total bargain in my eyes.

Thanks!

There are a few cancelled orders around but seem to be playing very hard ball.... no salesman constant calls or sweet talking.... take it or leave it attitude.

Its £25,040 and a £180 cable at the minute :)
Type two cable from Autac Macclesfield £115 5mts in green, nice quality. (vie Ebay)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom