Alternating wheels to even out tyre wear

gasfit

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone alternated the wheels on an mg5, and did it cause issues with the tyre pressure monitoring systems? Cheers

I had mine swapped front to rears at the 1st service. You just need to remember when you check the tyre screen. When I had the tyres replaced with Michelin Cross Climate 2's they were put back in the correct locations.

I had mine swapped front to rears at the 1st service. You just need to remember when you check the tyre screen. When I had the tyres replaced with Michelin Cross Climate 2's they were put back in the correct locations.
Many thanks , much appreciated. Just to clarify, no changes need to be made to the car tyre pressure monitoring system when rotating tyres (car sensing system is not wheel position specific)? Cheers

Many thanks , much appreciated. Just to clarify, no changes need to be made to the car tyre pressure monitoring system when rotating tyres (car sensing system is not wheel position specific)? Cheers
For clarity, the TPMS is wheel specific. Move the wheel and it's data changes position on the screen even though the labels remain the same.
i.e. if you move the right front to the right rear and vice versa, in the car the screen will report the front right data at the right rear etc..
This is the case of the pre FL as in @Jomarkh post #2

Last edited:
Yes, fronts to back and vice versa, still got 4-5mm all round after 26k miles 🙂
Many thanks

For clarity, the TPMS is wheel specific. Move the wheel and it's data changes position on the screen even though the labels remain the same.
i.e. if you move the right front to the right left and vice versa, in the car the screen will report the front right data at the right rear etc..
This is the case of the pre FL as in @Jomarkh post #2
Many thanks Gomev 🙏

Lots of arguments for and against rotation. Personally driving my grandchildren around almost every day I subscribe to considering replacing tyres when below 3mm, possibly delaying a little if that occurs in springtime but definitely for winter. I get about 3 times the life out of the rears than the front and avoid having to replace all 4 at once by not rotating.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom