Am I going deaf- no!

sido

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Good Morning everybody. My first school run after half term this morning, started car as usual got into the normal traffic and approaching my first junction I thought I might be going deaf. Although the indicator arrow was illuminated on the dash and I could see the orange flash on the door mirror, there was absolutely no sound. This happened at four or five further junctions. Not wanting to be distracted in heavy traffic I carried on and parked outside my grandsons house. I turned the car on and off a few times with no change. I tried to turn on the infotainment system which refused to come on at all. When it did come on it said,” time not available “, in the middle of the screen and showed 07.51 am when the actual time was 8.09am. I then turned everything off got out of the car locked and re opened. Started the car and sure enough indicator sounds back, ( definitely not going deaf), and the infotainment system fired up properly with the right time as well. Hopefully a one off glitch, anyone else had this issue before?

Info unit crashing is a known problem on the original ZS EV and I think the MG5 has suffered in a similar fashion, but less so.
You lost the indicator sound, because this is sent via the audio system speaker.
I think the sound is piped through the drivers door speaker if I remember correctly.
I have noticed that if you are indicating and a any type of warning ⚠️ comes up on the dash panel, it will interrupt the sound of the indicators coming through the system.
The indicator lights themselves and the dash lights continue to flash, but the audio sound is broken / muted while the warning ⚠️ is being delivered.
You can reset the head unit in the ZS EV by holding down on the central button for about 10 seconds.
Or when the car is closed down, left a while and when returning to the car, it will all reboot as normal.
Common problem !.

Info unit crashing is a known problem on the original ZS EV and I think the MG5 has suffered in a similar fashion, but less so.
You lost the indicator sound, because this is sent via the audio system speaker.
I think the sound is piped through the drivers door speaker if I remember correctly.
I have noticed that if you are indicating and a any type of warning ⚠️ comes up on the dash panel, it will interrupt the sound of the indicators coming through the system.
The indicator lights themselves and the dash lights continue to flash, but the audio sound is broken / muted while the warning ⚠️ is being delivered.
You can reset the head unit in the ZS EV by holding down on the central button for about 10 seconds.
Or when the car is closed down, left a while and when returning to the car, it will all reboot as normal.
Common problem !.
Thanks for that information, very useful, much appreciated

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom