Amazon Music Podcasts - Are they playable from the car

mykg

Established Member
Reaction score
I have signed in to my Amazon Music account in my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect and I can play the various music options. However I don't see any options to play podcasts. Is it possible from Amazon Music in the car? If so, how do you access them?

The graphic below shows an example of how to access podcasts from Amazon Music on a MS Windows Laptop PC. I don't see this option in the car's display.
1673545308732.png

I have signed in to my Amazon Music account in my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect and I can play the various music options. However I don't see any options to play podcasts. Is it possible from Amazon Music in the car? If so, how do you access them?

The graphic below shows an example of how to access podcasts from Amazon Music on a MS Windows Laptop PC. I don't see this option in the car's display.
View attachment 14434
I believe it will need an update.

The app within the infotainment system will need to be updated to support podcast playback.

Thanks, I appreciate that. My car is waiting to be booked in for the "passenger door will not open from the inside" problem, so I'll ask for the update to be performed when it goes in also.

So the update was a lot bigger than the dealer anticipated for the Gen 2 LR Trophy Connect.

The Amazon app within the infotainment system has not been updated to introduce Podcasts, and looking at the Android Auto version of Amazon Music that too is missing Podcasts as of today.

So the update was a lot bigger than the dealer anticipated for the Gen 2 LR Trophy Connect.

The Amazon app within the infotainment system has not been updated to introduce Podcasts, and looking at the Android Auto version of Amazon Music that too is missing Podcasts as of today.
Thanks for the information. My car was in yesterday for a couple of things and I requested the sw update. This has been performed but I still don't see where I can select podcasts from within the amazon music feature within the infotainment system. I guess this concurs with what you have?
I have contacted the MG dealership and await a callback.

Thanks for the information. My car was in yesterday for a couple of things and I requested the sw update. This has been performed but I still don't see where I can select podcasts from within the amazon music feature within the infotainment system. I guess this concurs with what you have?
I have contacted the MG dealership and await a callback.
Podcasts aren't available through the in-car application even after the update. Even their Android Auto app doesn't allow you to browse Podcasts at the moment. Considering the car is powered by AWS Cloud, it could be Amazon that pushes the update or they just appear but no idea when or if this may happen.

The only way I have found to play my Amazon Music podcasts on Android Auto is to launch them from the app on my phone. If you open the podcast from the app on the phone it will play through Android Auto on the vehicle. Cover art shows up on the radio screen and you have full control. Fast forward, reverse, pause, play all works from the cars screen. When the podcast ends, it will even advance to the next podcast in the series and start playing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom