Ambient Light and MG Pilot

Cooper1607

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have had the MG HS since today and have 2 questions.

1. How do I get the MG Pilot activated?

2. Does the ambient lighting only light up when you get in? Or can you set this permanently?

Sorry for my English but I'm from Germany.

Your English is very good, no need to say sorry.

The MG Pilot system is covered in pages 237 to 241 of the English manual but you probably have the German manual so search the index for MG Pilot, it may be around the same page numbers as the english one. Basically MG pilot is a group of functions to assist the driver. It is NOT an autopilot. There are many situations where MG Pilot switches off so the driver needs to maintain control of the vehicle at all times. You need to activate it in the Car menu on the infotainment screen. Then when you want to use it, it is turned on and off from the cruise control and indicator stalks. MG Pilot can only be activated if the adaptive cruise control has also been activated.

Ambient lighting is also activated in the Car menu via the infotainment screen. You can set it to On or Auto and choose the color and brightness. Auto turns it on automatically when the headlights turn on, and I assume setting it to On would leave it on all the time but you wouldn't be able to see it during the daytime so pretty pointless really.

Thanks for the information. What about software updates? Are they already available for the model? Or do they even exist? The traffic sign recognition works rather poorly and is hardly usable.
And the automatic high beam isn't working as it should either.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom