And....Another one bites the dust

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just to briefly say I will be trading in my lovely MG5 pre-facelift Executive this week for different EV.

I am getting a Hyundai Kona Ultimate, not brand new, the old shape just over a year old.

The reason for this is not because I don't love my 5, I do, it's great and will probably be great forever if James from Cleevely's is right. My 5 has been practically perfect in every way as Mary P might say and will be missed.

I just need something a little higher/easier for getting in and out. Both me and missus are not getting any younger and it's only when you get in and out of some other cars that you realise just how low the 5 is. Not helped I guess by me having the seat in it's lowest position too. :)

I am still going to take the car in for the 'Tesla' update tomorrow (May 7th) as hopefully this will provide further info for others on the forum. However if they want paying for it, I will of course decline now, I would have paid if I was going to keep it.

Now with my 5 going I will no longer need the full sized spare wheel and tyre (original matching alloy) or the unused mint condition space saver wheel. So these will be going on the classified for sale board soon. I also have an unused MG OEM touch up paint in Piccadilly Blue.

I enjoy looking and contributing on here so intend to maintain my interest as who knows what MG may tempt me with in the future.

I just need something a little higher/easier for getting in and out. Both me and missus are not getting any younger and it's only when you get in and out of some other cars that you realise just how low the 5 is. Not helped I guess by me having the seat in it's lowest position too. :)

I feel your pain )

Just to briefly say I will be trading in my lovely MG5 pre-facelift Executive this week for different EV.

I am getting a Hyundai Kona Ultimate, not brand new, the old shape just over a year old.

The reason for this is not because I don't love my 5, I do, it's great and will probably be great forever if James from Cleevely's is right. My 5 has been practically perfect in every way as Mary P might say and will be missed.

I am still going to take the car in for the 'Tesla' update tomorrow (May 7th) as hopefully this will provide further info for others on the forum. However if they want paying for it, I will of course decline now, I would have paid if I was going to keep it.

Now with my 5 going I will no longer need the full sized spare wheel and tyre (original matching alloy) or the unused mint condition space saver wheel. So these will be going on the classified for sale board soon. I also have an unused MG OEM touch up paint in Piccadilly Blue.

I enjoy looking and contributing on here so intend to maintain my interest as who knows what MG may tempt me with in the future.
You seem to like your MG5, but I can understand it being to low. Was the ZS EV
Not an option? Good luck with your Kona, nice motor. 🙂👍

Another person getting the Tesla update. I am so jealous. All of the 3 dealerships within my range all deny it exists. Their database says my car has all updates installed. To be fair, I had a tesla network I passed 3 times a week. It was one of the trial ones and worked without any problems for 5 months until Tesla found out and stopped it.
I wouldn't need it except for 3 weeks away this summer in N Wales. The place I stay at was to have 4 x 7kw chargers fitted by the local council by Christmas but though the occasion was announced the year was not. Work has not begun yet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom