Android auto connectivity issue.

Please do let us know if that solves the issue and if possible ask how they fix it. This may help me to guide my dealer/service team to solve mine. Thanks in advance.
They did a update to the infotainment system but did not fix problem. Then said I needed a new mobile which is only 18 months old and cost nearly £800 . So bought a mobile phone holder as cheaper than a a mobile lol

I posted this on another thread about this subject. Give it a try ...

Mine works OK on my Mk 1 ZS EV. Sometimes after plugging the phone in I get a message on the car screen to plug in so I unplug the lead from the phone and then plug in again and that does the trick. I generally get better results by plugging the phone in before turning the car on to ready mode...

HTH

Dave

Hi Gandalf44.
Nothing special, the longest job was pairing the phone and the AAWireless.
Delivery is in months but worth the wait.
Good day again Ajw1100!
Received the AAWireless last Thursday, so pretty quick.
Needed approx. 3 attempts to get it connected and until now it works quite well. Only it seems that phone calls do not work well on the handsfree.
The AAWireless device has firmware level 1.12.0 (quite old I think) and I have the option to upgrade to 2.0.1. I read on the forum in XDA that some people are having connection troubles with 2.0.1.

Question: Have you done an upgrade and what level are you running on?

And a good day to you, it will be a better day if this rain stops :D

Just had a look and my system is 1.12.0, didn't even know there was a later update. I did make one call to home when I installed the unit to check it did work. I very rarely use the phone in the car so cannot comment on how reliable it is for calls. 99% of the reason for getting the AAWireless was for mapping without using cables, the cars system takes for ever and all the button push-wait, button push-wait is a real pain.
My wife's new Kona is not much better either.
I am of the 'If it ain't busted don't fix it'. If I have problems I will probably update then.

In any case please keep us updated with your setup, and if you do update the system whether it is any more reliable.

And a good day to you, it will be a better day if this rain stops :D

Just had a look and my system is 1.12.0, didn't even know there was a later update. I did make one call to home when I installed the unit to check it did work. I very rarely use the phone in the car so cannot comment on how reliable it is for calls. 99% of the reason for getting the AAWireless was for mapping without using cables, the cars system takes for ever and all the button push-wait, button push-wait is a real pain.
My wife's new Kona is not much better either.
I am of the 'If it ain't busted don't fix it'. If I have problems I will probably update then.

In any case please keep us updated with your setup, and if you do update the system whether it is any more reliable.
Ik updated my aaw box to 2.0.1 last weekend. No problems whatsoever. Phone calls are working very well too.

Thank you and pleased to hear that, I will also update over the weekend.
Short warning: there is a bug in Maps that causes it to make the screen always go into night mode (or day mode) and it stay in that mode regardless of settings. This is not caused by AAW, but due to a bug in Maps.
I installed Maps 11.35.0 beta (from apk mirror) and all seems to work well again. My AA is level 7.7.622134 (from play store).
Tried a lot of different variations, but my conclusion is that Maps from 11.33.1 is the culprit.
Hope this helps someone.

Short warning: there is a bug in Maps that causes it to make the screen always go into night mode (or day mode) and it stay in that mode regardless of settings. This is not caused by AAW, but due to a bug in Maps.
I installed Maps 11.35.0 beta (from apk mirror) and all seems to work well again. My AA is level 7.7.622134 (from play store).
Tried a lot of different variations, but my conclusion is that Maps from 11.33.1 is the culprit.
Hope this helps someone.
Due to lack of spare time I did not get to update the AAWireless, 99.9% of my MG driving is daytime but I did go out one evening when it was dark and the MG screen stayed bright although I had it set to auto day/night setting. I chucked a cloth over it as it was far to bright.
The Google Mapping and AAWireless was fine, went dark mode when the car was driving in shade and bright when in daylight. I have no idea of any map versions but will check them later.

Thanks for the warning.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom