android auto dongle

Donal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has Anyone sucessfully installed an android auto Bluetooth dongle for connection on mg5 fl trophy

Has Anyone sucessfully installed an android auto Bluetooth dongle for connection on mg5 fl trophy
I have a carlinkit on mine if that’s what you mean? It’s plugged into the usb and then my phone Bt connects to that.

I use a usb/wifi adaptor from amazon - B0BW91DPK9

Works fine.

Another here for AA Wireless, just make sure you use a good quality USB cable.
I tuck the AA Wireless dongle into the small side pocket against the console/ drive tunnel.
It's too big to keep under the sliding cover

As a note I find the usb CarPlay connection on FL a bit hit and miss. Works for weeks then you have to keep unplugging a few times. Worth noting as I first thought it was a faulty wireless device but had the same issues with the phone connected by cable.

I have a CPC Mini which works with my iPhone, but I've never tried it with wireless AA (It supports it)
That said it's rather slow if using the built-in apps (It runs full-blown android and can be used standalone, tricks the car into going into carplay)

I am using the AA wireless dongle on the MG5 FL luxury. This means no hickups anymore with the cable that makes the investment worthwhile. I opted for AA because it is a Dutch product #patrionism and the support is really good. Recently the also integrated the IOS functionality so you could use it for Android and IOS.

I am using the AA wireless dongle on the MG5 FL luxury. This means no hickups anymore with the cable that makes the investment worthwhile. I opted for AA because it is a Dutch product #patrionism and the support is really good. Recently the also integrated the IOS functionality so you could use it for Android and IOS.
Another reason is the over the air updates for AAWireless, in fact updates of any kind which the Motorola MA1 cannot do. With that one what you buy is what you get forever.

I've got the AA wireless. Bit of a hit and miss. You need to be patient with it.. My podpoint doesn't connect to the WiFi when my AA wifi hotspot is on so I need to remember to physically disconnect it. Apart from that it works really well. No lag whatsoever

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom