Android auto on mark 2

Bluecruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
Does any one have the same issue as me.
Car connects to phone and sat nav works Google and waze and talk back to me through car.
Will read text messages back to me
And can have two way phone calls through car.
But android auto will not except voice commands either through Mike Button on screen or long press of button on staring wheel. Box just pops up then drops down again in a few seconds.
Have tried different cables different phones but all worked well on mark 1.
Have had ecu updated and diagnostic and numerous head unit reboots but nothing.

Then have hello mg give it a name to call comes up on screen then dials a different number.

Any tips or ideas greatly appreciated

Does any one have the same issue as me.
Car connects to phone and sat nav works Google and waze and talk back to me through car.
Will read text messages back to me
And can have two way phone calls through car.
But android auto will not except voice commands either through Mike Button on screen or long press of button on staring wheel. Box just pops up then drops down again in a few seconds.
Have tried different cables different phones but all worked well on mark 1.
Have had ecu updated and diagnostic and numerous head unit reboots but nothing.

Then have hello mg give it a name to call comes up on screen then dials a different number.

Any tips or ideas greatly appreciated
MK1? Mk2? Trim? Age?

Two years on
Yes, I had this initially. It was a setting in the phone to allow google voice commands
Though voice commands in Google were for to do things on phone like listening for actions during a call.
But with out that set had voice working for two years on android auto on Mark 1 so think there something on car causing this

Thanks, looks like the setting is only available when plugged in, I'll try it tomorrow, although I think it may already be enabled.

Right I've played with both those switches, and tried all 4 combinations, and google worked once, and once only, I couldn't even repeat it, with the same settings, so then I went into settings in the car, and turned off "Hello MG", and now google works every time.

Right I've played with both those switches, and tried all 4 combinations, and google worked once, and once only, I couldn't even repeat it, with the same settings, so then I went into settings in the car, and turned off "Hello MG", and now google works every time.
Problem solved 👍🏻

I've had similar issues, but think that Hello MG is switched off😕
And for the bonus point... How do I turn off the "It's 1st January 2019" announcement? All the options that I think might do it make no difference!

I've had similar issues, but think that Hello MG is switched off😕
And for the bonus point... How do I turn off the "It's 1st January 2019" announcement? All the options that I think might do it make no difference!
I've found when its starts to say the 1st of January I've turned the volume right down and you don't hear it again Then turn the volume back up for radio etc. when it should have finished its spill.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom