Android Auto. Phone says connected to car, car says not.

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Tried to connect my Galaxy A40 running Android 11, which according to Google Play should connect and work on my car without needing to download the App. I have AA on my phone, but I could not find it on any screen or in the Google folder, I found it under settings>apps and on Google it states installed. Weird.
Anyway I purchased a good quality USB A - USB C lead and plugged it into the phone and car, Phone states AA connected to car, car says to connect phone with a cable to use AA. Err.... pardon.....
On Page 29 of Nav guide it says to connect the phone using the USB cable then touch the AA Area to enter the AA interface.
suggestions appreciated.

Hi
on the main screen along the bottom you see a number of short cuts, in the bottom right side of the screen you see a right facing arrow, if you press this it takes you to the next screen and you will see android button press the with the phone connected and it will launch the android screen.

Hi Jto.
That's what I thought, both CarPlay and AA are greyed out. Tapped on AA shortcut with the phone saying connected and up came the car pop up asking me to connect via a USB Cable.
I will have another go tomorrow, maybe they were both having a bad day, I know I was.

Did you plug in to the left usb with Cable it is not wireless unless you use a adapter that is wireless.

Last edited:
Oh yes, the right USB has my music files and they play okay. However the Album Art does not show, don't know why but it's not that important.

You must plug into the USB Port that shows the phone interface. There are two ports. The right hand port is the port for AA or memory stick. The other port is power only.

Some phones ( when plugged in ) default to USB charging only. You will also need to change this setting to something like transfer files ( mine also says Android auto )

Think I have found the problem, I reckon the C connector socket on the phone is worn as it took a good push to get it to connect and access AA. It is the LEFT USB A connector looking from the drivers seat. the Right one for charging and music.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom