Android Auto with Google maps

gus

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just been out and if I need directions on a journey where I don’t need to charge, I normally connect the phone and use Android Auto with Google maps, got a bit of a shock this morning, the car said Google maps is not compatible with Android Auto 😲 everything else is fine ABRP and Waze fire up, just a shock the one app that I thought would work has gone off the selection screen.

Hi Gus, What version of Android are you on? Mine is Android 13 and I update my apps regularely.
Also what is the phone you are using? I use Samsung. I have had no problems with Google Maps and in fact was using it successfully only about 20 minutes ago on a journey. Anyway let us know and hopefully we can get it sorted for you.

The phone is a Samsung, v13, latest updates all applied, updates daily. As I said Waze and ABRP both working fine, Google maps doesn’t appear in the list of available apps and when I asked Google to use it, it said Google maps wasn’t compatible. infotainment rebooted several times.
I think I need to go through the settings of Google maps on the phone and see if I can depot anything that might upset it.

The phone is a Samsung, v13, latest updates all applied, updates daily. As I said Waze and ABRP both working fine, Google maps doesn’t appear in the list of available apps and when I asked Google to use it, it said Google maps wasn’t compatible. infotainment rebooted several times.
I think I need to go through the settings of Google maps on the phone and see if I can depot anything that might upset it.
Try deleting Google maps on your phone and redownload.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom