My Pixel 6 just seems to work fine regardless of cable. Maybe some devices are more sensitive to cable issues...

Unfortunately there are so many different areas which might cause problems.
  1. The specific make and model of a phone.
  2. The Android version (the phones operating system) on the phone.
  3. The app version of Android Auto on the phone.
  4. The state of the USB connector on the phone. Even USB c can cause problems if it has many items plugged in and out. Or its been droped with a lead connected. I now only charge my phone using wireless charging at home. I have had too many problems with bad connections.
  5. How good, or bad, the Android Auto on the car is.
If you are having issues check on phone specific forums for similar issues with Android Auto. Also YouTube can be fantastic for finding solutions to these types of problem.

Lastly don't expect every phone to work faultlessly. There are too many phone types for manufaturers of cars to test them all. If it dosn't work I would just go over to using the cars inbuilt systems for navigation etc untill I upgrade my phone contract in 12, 18, or 24 months. Its not as bad as some suggest.

This one.
Can you please a share a photo of the setup? Considering getting one, but thinking about where to put it to leave the QI pad free for wireless charging, and the USB-C cable connected for wife's charging.

Also - Does it auto-connect on start, or is it manual connect? Trying to understand how it'll work for short journeys where i'd want radio instead of AA with Spotify

Can you please a share a photo of the setup? Considering getting one, but thinking about where to put it to leave the QI pad free for wireless charging, and the USB-C cable connected for wife's charging.

Also - Does it auto-connect on start, or is it manual connect? Trying to understand how it'll work for short journeys where i'd want radio instead of AA with Spotify
20230618_125953.jpg

I used a sticky pad to stick it up out of the way and I can see the LED. It comes on with the car and takes a few seconds to boot up. The radio comes on first, but then plays my music list. I use the "star" button on the steering wheel to switch to Android Auto.
It took a while to set mine up as it wasn't straight forward, but the troubleshooter is really good and made all the changes to settings which were needed to get it working.

View attachment 18368
I used a sticky pad to stick it up out of the way and I can see the LED. It comes on with the car and takes a few seconds to boot up. The radio comes on first, but then plays my music list. I use the "star" button on the steering wheel to switch to Android Auto.
It took a while to set mine up as it wasn't straight forward, but the troubleshooter is really good and made all the changes to settings which were needed to get it working.
Do you have a link to the cable you're using with the AAW? It looks like it retains its position?

I have two phones: huawei p30 pro works very bad, samsung A52 works very well. With same cable. Maybe it depends by the settings or by the software of the phone.

I have two phones: huawei p30 pro works very bad, samsung A52 works very well. With same cable. Maybe it depends by the settings or by the software of the phone.
Agree.

Pixel 6 is pretty much flawless.

You occasionally get the thing where audio stops straight after start up, but unplugging and plugging back in again resolves.

I agree. Wife's Pixel works a lot better than my Xiaomi.
It's the cable which came with the AAW, however, this one does the job really well.
Amazon product ASIN B07SX281CH

Thanks - I was keen on the one in the pic as it looks like it coils and retains position, rather than needing a cable tie? I have ordered another Wireless device, which I hope will work fine, but maybe I can find a short cable to work with it.

I am hoping a AAW device will help solve a few problems I am experiencing:

1. Regular disconnects of AA using cable on my phone
2. MG Navigation doesn't seem to work at all - very strange - anyone else get this? As it happens, I much prefer to use Google Maps/Waze, so AA would be better option for me
3. When phone is connected by BT, and listening to DAB, the notifications cause the source to change, and you have to manually change it back
4. Being able to charge, either with the USB-C, or wireless pad, whilst connected to AA - the other cable is too slow, and likely to discharge than charge

I agree. Wife's Pixel works a lot better than my Xiaomi.

Thanks - I was keen on the one in the pic as it looks like it coils and retains position, rather than needing a cable tie? I have ordered another Wireless device, which I hope will work fine, but maybe I can find a short cable to work with it.

I am hoping a AAW device will help solve a few problems I am experiencing:

1. Regular disconnects of AA using cable on my phone
2. MG Navigation doesn't seem to work at all - very strange - anyone else get this? As it happens, I much prefer to use Google Maps/Waze, so AA would be better option for me
3. When phone is connected by BT, and listening to DAB, the notifications cause the source to change, and you have to manually change it back
4. Being able to charge, either with the USB-C, or wireless pad, whilst connected to AA - the other cable is too slow, and likely to discharge than charge
I use this without any problems
1000019824.png

AICase Retractable USB Type C Cable, Coiled Type-C Cable for Car,Charging & Sync Data,USB C Charger Cable for Galaxy S9 S8 Note 8, Pixel, LG V30 G6, Nintendo Switch, OnePlus 5 etc https://amzn.eu/d/cPui4yZ

Screenshot_20230726-085414_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Thanks to this chat I purchased aawireless and it it brill. No issues with it at all. And as previous post I stuck mine above the USB out of the way.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom