Android Auto

mrg9999

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Android auto only works from the right socket in my car.
I like to charge my phone with a more powerful, quicker PD (Power delivery) adapter.
Is there some sort of splitter cable that can split data and power so I can use the 12V and a PD adapter socket and the data port?

My previous car the Android Auto worked wirelessly

1687679568984.png

I like to charge my phone with a more powerful, quicker PD (Power delivery) adapter.
Is there some sort of splitter cable that can split data and power so I can use the 12V and a PD adapter socket and the data port?

View attachment 18525
I've got an adapter to plug into the USB C socket and an adapter which plugs into the 12V power socket.

View attachment 18525
I have found that newer phones (Android 11 +) will connect without a cable and work well, leaving the USB socket clear. Doesn't exactly answer the question but can solve this problem in a way.

I have found that newer phones (Android 11 +) will connect without a cable and work well, leaving the USB socket clear. Doesn't exactly answer the question but can solve this problem in a way.
The MG ZS does not support wireless Android Auto...

Yes, you will need one of the numerous wireless adapters (I can recommend the Carlinkit 2air, but others will work as well), which will permanently occupy the USB-A connector (the right-hand one in your case). This will free up your phone charge port to connect to whatever charger you want.

Yes, you will need one of the numerous wireless adapters (I can recommend the Carlinkit 2air, but others will work as well), which will permanently occupy the USB-A connector (the right-hand one in your case). This will free up your phone charge port to connect to whatever charger you want.
I'm not seeing the advantage in that, am I missing something?

I'm not seeing the advantage in that, am I missing something?
I don't generally plug in my phone in the car, I just put it on the QI charge pad in front of the USB ports. That way, I don't have to fiddle with wires unless I really need fast charging.

As far as I have heard, the MG4 only has wired Android Auto as well. Or did that change with the new model year?

As far as I have heard, the MG4 only has wired Android Auto as well. Or did that change with the new model year?
It may have done. I am a new MG4 (23) owner and my Xiaomi 5 running Android 11 attaches via Bluetooth with no worries. My other work phone however (Huawei P Smart with Android 9) requires the cable, which is annoying as other devices may need the usb port.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom