Android auto

Mine now connects to AA fine with a better cable.
I now have a problem with the Maps on the apps.
Waze shows a blank, white screen. Zap Map gets stuck on loading and Plugshare also a blank screen.
Google maps seems to work ok showing the map on the screen.
Have I screwed up some setting or other ?
I did notice a "network error" message popped up when I was fiddling around with various bits.
This is what Waze looks like:
blank waze.jpg

Last edited:
We had Android Auto issues too. After trying resetting of the car console to factory settings, clearing the cache settings for the various apps on the phone, and two different cables, it was the cable that finally reliably solved it.

We have two Pixel 3a phones in our house, so as pure android as you can get!

We now find that we always have to plug the phone in, unplug it, and plug in again. 99% of the time the car and phone connect after the second connection has been made.

My mg5 did not like android auto this morning, whether it was my phone, an update or the car i don't know.

Kept freezing and had a framing issue.

I must admit, I've sadly given up... connection just seems to be a lottery on AA. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it looses connection. I've got a Motorola One (vanilla Android 10)....

Very much hit and miss. Tried numerous cables without success. Had a cable which came with my Samsung SSD drive which I assumed would be high speed. This works every time with my Samsung A70 but only occasionally with my Huawai P30 which is a shame as the P30 is the better phone.

Girlfriend's Samsung Note 10+ seems to work 90% of the time.

My Moto X4 has worked precisely 2x, and disconnected after a few minutes. However, the USB-C port has now been troubleshot and is definitely dodgy, likely from dozens of douses in seawater over the years and then drinking beer afterwards and forgetting to rinse in fresh water.

Waterproof ≠ corrosion proof! :)

Better quality cable helped the success rate on the Samsung Note 10+

I did post a something like this a long time ago.
I had a moto G6 the wife had a g5. Mine G6 always worked,
the wife's G5 hit and miss. So bought a new G7 gave her the g6.
Same result. So said you are doing something wrong,
which didn't go down well.
So I tried and yet again hers was hit and miss. So ok maybe
in the changeover something got damaged.So again I gave her my G7
which always worked and got myself a G8. And yes my new phone worked
perfect but the one my wife has which worked perfect when I had it
now didn't. So thought it had to be some software she uses.
So now before she connects she closes all running programs and it
connects first time. It always we worked for is because I always close
programs down, whereas my wife can have a dozen or so running.

The curly cable i bought to run android auto from my phone has become hit and miss to say the least.

Got this one today and AA fires up every time without fail.
UGREEN cable

I am waiting for a AAWireless to arrive but it will be a while yet.

The USB A end angles towards the drivers side, which i prefer.

Finally had enough of android auto not connecting and I am thinking of moving to the dark side and getting an iphone.

Before I do has anyone found an android phone that connects to android every time without fail?

If so what make and model are you using?

I have tried all the workarounds and numerous quality leads. My Huawei P30 Pro has always had connection problems and my Samsung A70 goes through phases of being able to connect and then refusing point blank.
Use a thicker shorter cable rated for data transfer

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom