Android auto

Foordy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Is anyone having any trouble with Android auto on there MG HS. My mobile is a MotoG9, it seems to start up then just go off, phone says it connected but nothing on the car I don't know if it's the car or the phone with issues.

I have a Motorola g6 and get the same problem that you are experiencing from time to time. A re-boot of the infotainment system invariably sorts it out. (I have a gen 1 ZS EV).

Have you got the Android Auto app loaded on your phone? I used to have it, and had the same problems. It turns out you don't need it on your phone, as a version of Android Auto sits in the car's computer and it's that one that does the work. It's been a lot more reliable since I took the App off the phone.
I've also found that having the phone unlocked, and waiting until the 'system ready' message comes up helps.

(Also a Moto phone).

I have a similar problem with a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Sometimes connects without issue whilst other times nothing. Have tried other Android devices with similar results. No problems using these phones in my wife's Toyota. My Apple phone connected without issue but work issued me with an Android. I currently been using this Wireless Link device which so far connects to my phone before even starting the car and seems to work fine so far. I managed to get a discount on price.

Have you got the Android Auto app loaded on your phone? I used to have it, and had the same problems. It turns out you don't need it on your phone, as a version of Android Auto sits in the car's computer and it's that one that does the work. It's been a lot more reliable since I took the App off the phone.
I've also found that having the phone unlocked, and waiting until the 'system ready' message comes up helps.

(Also a Moto phone).
Cheers I'll try this thank..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom